Secret Santa Blind Swap!!!!

peef

So did no one else actually receive anything or what? Whats up people put up some pics!!! I hope the X-Mas treated you well!!!

eliteaqua

I tried emailing cpbirds about something else and he never responded I do not know what happened to him. I do know he is a manager of a lfs in orlando and maybe he was just really busy, I Hope.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by eliteaqua
I tried emailing cpbirds about something else and he never responded I do not know what happened to him. I do know he is a manager of a lfs in orlando and maybe he was just really busy, I Hope.
I already gave up on holding my breath

groupergenius

Originally Posted by coraljunky
I already gave up on holding my breath

Hey junky, did that green bird puff up yet? My duncan hasn't opened yet. I'm checking water in just a minute. I'm thinking I stirred up a bunch of mess the other day when I rearranged the tank.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
Hey junky, did that green bird puff up yet? My duncan hasn't opened yet. I'm checking water in just a minute. I'm thinking I stirred up a bunch of mess the other day when I rearranged the tank.
Its awesome Give it time. I'm sure its not your water. Reefkprz almost gave up on the dunc I sent him, until a week later. The colony I cut it from was open again in a couple of hours. They're REALLY hardy too.

cynelson

Hey CJ7Eagle, I'm sorry, I thought I emailed you back and here was waiting for you, lol. We had to go to Florida the week before last week all week for a funeral so life has been upside down here. You wanna do it next week, say Monday?

don lino

Hey Peef, the frogspawn looks great, hows the zoas doing?? Those are some of my fave red zoas. I figured u would like them. I am sorry all for not getting my pics up yet but working the nite shift has me sleeping all day. Let me give u guys a heads up of what my secret santa aka GrouperGenius brought me:
1- Orangs ric
1- Blastomussa frag
1- Nuclear green mushroom
1- Clove polyps frag
2- Rare Kenya trees...

groupergenius

Originally Posted by Don Lino
Hey Peef, the frogspawn looks great, hows the zoas doing?? Those are some of my fave red zoas. I figured u would like them. I am sorry all for not getting my pics up yet but working the nite shift has me sleeping all day. Let me give u guys a heads up of what my secret santa aka GrouperGenius brought me:
1- Orangs ric
1- Blastomussa frag
1- Nuclear green mushroom
1- Clove polyps frag
2- Rare Kenya trees...

Pics dangit....I want to make sure your takin' good care of those Kenyas.

peef

Lino
The frogspawn is open and AWESOME the zoos are still kind of questionable. Two of the polyps have opened but barely the others melted away...
I am hoping that at least 1 will live so I can baby it and grow the snap out of them. Thanks again though I love both and appreciate it.
I am REALLY REALLY sorry to everyone who got duped by their people!!!! Everyone that was in on this was "reputable" here. I made sure to look through EVERYONES past posts to an extent to make sure they were not just bullies or smack talkers. Everyone looked great.......So again I am VERY VERY sorry if you sent something and didn't get something in return. Does anyone have any suggestions how to avoid this next year?

jonthefishguy

There actually isnt a way. It just boils down to those that didnt send (the thieves) to be marked as one. I personally have no problem calling them out on their honesty.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by peef
Lino
The frogspawn is open and AWESOME the zoos are still kind of questionable. Two of the polyps have opened but barely the others melted away...
I am hoping that at least 1 will live so I can baby it and grow the snap out of them. Thanks again though I love both and appreciate it.
I am REALLY REALLY sorry to everyone who got duped by their people!!!! Everyone that was in on this was "reputable" here. I made sure to look through EVERYONES past posts to an extent to make sure they were not just bullies or smack talkers. Everyone looked great.......So again I am VERY VERY sorry if you sent something and didn't get something in return. Does anyone have any suggestions how to avoid this next year?
Actual Get together swap meets. Of course, all in respective areas. That way no-one gets duped.
For instance, there are alot of us Florida folks that could hook up for 1 day. Everybody bring frags and trade. Gives everybody a chance to meet and also ask questions and answer.

slim

I would like to see one of these happen in warmer weather. I was going to get in on this but living out west and shipping back east I was scared of a storm or shipping delays. I didn't want anyone to feel shafted. Keep me in mind if you plan on doing this again.
Thanks,
Will

peef

My initial plan was to organize a florida fragswap but then I figured this would be fun including the whole U.S. I am going to start looking for a venue again to have an actual fragswap. I wonder if there is one of the *MAS things here in FL? I will look into that.

don lino

O'man Peef, sorry about getting back so late on the zoas. Try doing a saltwater and iodine dip. These zoas when I first got them almost died in my system but then I started dosing TMPCC iodine every week in my system and they are doing awsome... Hopefully it is not too late on the zoas. Lemme know if you need any further help. G/L