Secret Santa Blind Swap!!!!

peef

Alright so another member here turned me on to this idea so I thought I would make it happen. Here is the deal. We are going to have a secret santa swap. It is a blind swap as it is a present and should be a surprise. It is open to ALL tank sizes. The only thing is obviously don't ship a 1,000 pound rock of xenia or anything of the like. SOooooooo if you want in on this, just put your name on the list here and on the FIRST as in 1 or ONE of December I will PM each of you with who you are shipping to (I will pm each of you myself to get the address for each pair). If everyone ships on the 17th of december, with a little bit of leeway if people are going on vacation and such, just make sure you tell me a date that you will be home for pickup, ALL the presents should arrive at roughly the same time!!!! Then we can all have a Merry christmas! Again as with all blind swaps the biggest factor is please don't send "boring" things like red mushrooms or brown zoos or xenia. They are all nice corals but keep it semi-rare so that it will be a NICE surprise!

grabbitt

I would love to join, but I'm going to be 300+ miles away from my precious tanks mid to late December

teen

Im in.
only thing is that its gunna be cold out, so it would be best if everything is shipped USPS express or something overnight along with a heat pack IMO.
well at least here it will be cold.

zanclus

It sounds like a great idea but Considering the cost of shipping is it fair if someone gets a address clear acrosss the country and sommeone gets an address in the next state. Im all for it but Dec is a tight month for most of us.

peef

That is why everyone who is in I am going to take into account their location and assign pairs accordingly. So that the shipping will be as low as possible for each person of each pair.

jonthefishguy

I am just hoping that we all get someone that can handle whatever we secret santa out. I mean, I dont want to send lets say a acro to someone with little or no light or something to that effect. So, hopefully all that are joining in can support a wide range of corals from low light to high light.

jonthefishguy

Originally Posted by SAMBASAM
how about everyone puts their tank details on?
excellent idea. I will start...i can handle everything in my tank. From low lighting to high lighting.

donald

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
I am just hoping that we all get someone that can handle whatever we secret santa out. I mean, I dont want to send lets say a acro to someone with little or no light or something to that effect. So, hopefully all that are joining in can support a wide range of corals from low light to high light.
PEEF, you might get the people to list coral compatability(SPS, LPS,SOFTIES) and location that way you could pair them up better, Just trying to help.

peef

Yeah when I am getting everyones address and pairing people up I will send their tank specs to their secret santa at the same time, how about that!

janastasio

Woooohooooo I'm in! 2 Tanks, 75 gallon with T5's(4bulb fixture:2 55watts, 2 80watts), 19 gallon MH 175watt 14000K)