seems bad to me

T

tonyspumoni17

seems bad to me
disrupting my zoos and making the grow every which way

T

tonyspumoni17

thanks just tear it off? i cant put something on it cuz its in the middle of my corals

J

jstdv8

noooooo. if you tear it off it will spread like wildfire.
you need to get something to cover the face of it that will kill it.
homemade kalkwasser paste is what I use.
joes juice, and aiptasia X work as well, just cover the whole face and leave it sit for a while and then try and suck it out with a turkey baster and dispose of it.

T

tonyspumoni17

im ot trying to maneuver away from your solutions but peppermint shrimp take care of aptasia too right?

T

tonyspumoni17

Is that available in pet stores or only online cuz this thing is right in the middle of my zoos and i want it gone!!

J

jstdv8

You might get a couple zoos with it if they are really packed in there, but if its alot of them they will grow right back over the dead spot rather quickly and fill in that void.

bostonjoey

injecting them with hot water worked for me. killed them allmost instantly. and then sucked them out with a baby snot sucker. was quick easy and had everything at home

whysohigh

joes juice, and if its that big, its not your only one. i noticed one 6 months ago, still find small ones that are bearly visable, a little squirt of joes kills them instantly. but they reproduce like mad. especially if you damage it, almost any part of it will land somewhere and grow into a whole new one. good luck and keep your eye out.

J

jstdv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysohigh http:///forum/thread/382462/seems-bad-to-me#post_3338011
joes juice, and if its that big, its not your only one. i noticed one 6 months ago, still find small ones that are bearly visable, a little squirt of joes kills them instantly. but they reproduce like mad. especially if you damage it, almost any part of it will land somewhere and grow into a whole new one. good luck and keep your eye out.
This is why you suck it out with a turkey baster.

T

tonyspumoni17

i ordered the joes juice yesterday and it should be here in a few days i wont mind a few of zoos gone ***** priced it wrong and it was literally dirt cheap

J

jstdv8

I bought a large rock full of fire and ice zoas a few weeks ago from a local reefer. while the rock was in QT it started popping aiptasia up all over the place. I giggled because I love to zap them, but this is the first time ive had to do it with corals nearby. the little aips were growing up right between the zoas. I pasted them like I normaly would, let it sit for an hour adn sucked them out. To my surprise very few of the zoas even look harmed at all.
I did get a little on my neon green finger leather though and he's not happy at all.
Got everything transfered into my DT last night so I'll be able to keep a close eye on them.
I went aiptasia free for so long and then i bought a few pieces of LR and corals from local people and now I've got little aips all over in my DT. Gotta get to pasting in there too :)

bostonjoey

I got a small one recentlyit was attached to a zoa cluster I got from here I showed it to my cleaner shrimp and he got it glad I didn't have to take out a hypodermic needle to it

T

tonyspumoni17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/382462/seems-bad-to-me#post_3338293
I bought a large rock full of fire and ice zoas a few weeks ago from a local reefer. while the rock was in QT it started popping aiptasia up all over the place. I giggled because I love to zap them, but this is the first time ive had to do it with corals nearby. the little aips were growing up right between the zoas. I pasted them like I normaly would, let it sit for an hour adn sucked them out. To my surprise very few of the zoas even look harmed at all.
I did get a little on my neon green finger leather though and he's not happy at all.
Got everything transfered into my DT last night so I'll be able to keep a close eye on them.
I went aiptasia free for so long and then i bought a few pieces of LR and corals from local people and now I've got little aips all over in my DT. Gotta get to pasting in there too :)
nice to see it works makes me feel more comfortable that someone solved the same problem i have