September TOTM Winner

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholla15 http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner#post_3422182
Thank you to those who congratulated me!
I'm sorry if I upset anyone.. I simply joined the site, then awhile later saw the contest on the forum and posted a picture. As stated in previous posts I broke no rules... There was no post limit for new members. I'm not sure what I did wrong.. I plan to continue to participate in the community of this site, not just win a contest and "disappear" . I apologize again for angering veteran members. Those of you that think there should be a "post limit" for future contests that is fine, but please don't get mad at me for winning when there was no rule saying I couldn't enter.
Again, Thank you to those who voted and and congratulated me.
I hope there is no hard feelings against me in the future of my use on this site.
LOL...I expect new joiners to just be starting out, and needing some help...glad you are here, and hope you stick around and teach those of us who can't do such a beautiful tank...how it's done. Welcome to the site

travelerjp98

One Question to dholla15: How come, after you submitted your tank to the TOTM contest, I PM'ed you asking information about your tank, and you never replied back?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner/20#post_3422400
One Question to dholla15: How come, after you submitted your tank to the TOTM contest, I PM'ed you asking information about your tank, and you never replied back?
Shame on you traveler....do you really think folks sit on the computer all day? I post quite a bit, but I'm up doing other things. So just because somebody didn't answer right back means nothing, not to mention a new comer may not yet know how to answer or see PMs yet...so be nice.

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to CONGRATULATE Dholla!!!
I would appreciate it if everyone was given the same courtesy as you may have desired upon visiting the site for the first time. Every negative thought or comment leads to one solution, GET MORE VOTES! This person won.......because they had the most votes!
I am quite appalled at some of the judgement and suggestion off ill will. We are all people who enjoy the hobby, lets just let it go.....
This is the first month. We do have a rule about multiple winnings, so let it rest, next month...there will be a new winner! I don't want to shut it down before it starts.
I am instructed to assist Meowzer with anything needed, please keep in mind that the person in charge, my boss, is so generous to offer the gift certificates and gives us the green light to do these contests.
Please, please, lighten up and if you have an issue, PM me.
-Mary-
BTW, We are monitoring for validity of photos. Any photo that is found to be outside of the required guidelines of the contest, will be disqualified.

btldreef

I don't think anyone is actually mad at who won, per say (maybe Traveler), Just the way it's being ran, which has been brought up before, and I assure you, it will continue to be brought up. I've seen it on other sites. I've been told by users that they have complained about this, maybe they're just not saying it to the right people?
Listen, you can't please everyone, but I think you should try to please the majority. I don't think people are upset over loosing to someone else. Heck, I didn't even enter last month. But we saw this with the weekly photo contest as well, there were users that signed on, posted a photo and were never seen from again. Like I said, after everything this forum has been through, the veterans should at least be given a voice and be allowed to speak their opinions without being afraid to do so.
Dholla15, you have a lovely tank. I'm not attacking you personally, and please don't think that I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/388212/september-totm-winner/20#post_3422398
LOL...I expect new joiners to just be starting out, and needing some help...glad you are here, and hope you stick around and teach those of us who can't do such a beautiful tank...how it's done. Welcome to the site
Ummmm just a thought. I have had a passion for reptiles all my life.. and I have 20+ years experience in captive care and breeding. Over the course of the last 5 years I have joined a few reptile sites. Just because we are new to a site... doesn't mean we are a n00b to the hobby. I may have been new to those sites... but I had plenty of experience to back me up
PS.... I am a true noob when it comes to saltwater

aquaknight

I have zero problems with any of the entrants. Definitely congrats to Dholla. People perhaps should remember, it's not just the tank that matters, but the quality of photo as well. There's where most of the separation occurred, IMHO.
The issue I perhaps see, is the anonymous voting. Not sure how we would change anything here, as a public poll isn't fair to people. But I will add, 50 something votes I think, is definitely seems quite a bit more then usually. Polls on other forums haven't brought out the best in people. I've seen "fishguy1" "fishguy2" etc being registered back to back, and then "currently viewing the poll thread" and obviously voting someone up. Not saying who competed this time did that, just for future reference as the competitions start getting a little tighter.

1guydude

I say congrats to the winner! When i suggested we do this i knew their would be problems but i did also want it to attract more people and give the newcomers something to hopefully stay! Honestly i think its up to those individuals to sit on the comp and be a part of the coummunity! Just becasue he or she dosent do so doesnt mean they shouldnt be winners in the photo contest! YES thank Saltwaterfish for the donations, i never even brought up winnings just the graditude of being a winner i thought was enough...hopefully dholla will stick around and we can learn more about his system....but he won fair and square so lets all get past it and move on to the next months contest!
Quote:
People perhaps should remember, it's not just the tank that matters, but the quality of photo as well
I couldnt agree their more AK... I gotta get me a more better camera some time! LOL stupid nikon digital pos...lol

xcali1985

I would say the anger that is generated on this forum is appropiate. considering my findings... Unless the poster can somehow provide current and updated photos of the tank I would be suspicious....

xcali1985

The winner also stated in the submissions thread that it was a 75 Gallon tank, the site posts it as being 120G. I say fraud!!!

deejeff442

well ,i just found this thread.read through it.last i saw there was not alot of voting just days to a week before the end .looks like alot of voting out of nowhere at the end??????
personally i would not give the prise out unless the winner sends in a couple different angles of the tank.most of us here know what each other have tank wise.i sent a couple people here a pm at the beginning of the contest with a pic of a sweet reef tank i found in google.laughing i was entering it.i didnt add my tank because my pic taking skills are 1st grade.but it sure isnt hard to find a tank on google and post it.i dont have a problem with new members entering the contest but i feel they need to post 3 -4 pics at different angles. but use the one they like best for the contest.most if not all pics on the internet are usually one pic.3-4 would prove its theirs.jmo