Shane's 40g Mixed Reef Tank Diary (HD pics & videos)

zanoshanox

Thank you. I'm addicted to them..so many different colors. If I had a bigger tank I'd definitely get more. I'm out of room though!!

novahobbies

That's a tank to be proud of, dude. Well done. You've definitely given me some ideas for my 110 project there.

zanoshanox

Glad you've found some inspiration man! Added a picasso clown today. Hopefully this one wont get eaten by my brain coral. lol

zanoshanox

I'm thinking about getting a protein skimmer for the tank..What would you guys suggest that I get? Here are my requirements:
- Rated up to at least 40g, preferably higher
- Hang on the back, being as I don't have a sump
- Small, I need it to be about 4" in width in order to fit on the back, or short enough to fit on the side, under my lights.
Any helps would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanoshanox http:///t/392133/shanes-40g-mixed-reef-tank-diary-hd-pics-videos/40#post_3484837
I'm thinking about getting a protein skimmer for the tank..What would you guys suggest that I get? Here are my requirements: - Rated up to at least 40g, preferably higher - Hang on the back, being as I don't have a sump - Small, I need it to be about 4" in width in order to fit on the back, or short enough to fit on the side, under my lights
. Any helps would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys!
You were doing fine until you said fit "under my lights". How much space do you have? Your lights extend beyond the rim of your tank?

zanoshanox

I've got about 3.5 inches in between the lights and the top of the tank. I can possibly use the mounting legs the slide the fixture a little more to one side of the tank to allow the skimmer to fit on the other side. I dunno, my options seem pretty limited.

zanoshanox

Nope, all the HOB room on the back of my tank is dedicated to the CPR aquafuge and the aquaclear 70. I could maybe squeeze some thing in the back if it was 4" or less.
It's been a while since I posted some pics of the tank, here is some stuff today. A couple of these pics were taken shortly after the corals were acclimated to the tank.
Blastomussa Wellsi

Zoanthid Colony

Acropora

Pocillopora (shortly after acclimating)

Pink Birdsnest Frag (Also shortly after acclimating)