Shane's 9g NanoWave Diary

nano wave 9

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
http:///forum/post/2821974
right now I have the heater set at 76 but it stays at 80 all night long even with the lights off. i might throw a viper on here. don't know yet
i just go my tank after one broken in 1000pc got in the new one. can you tell me the modifications on your nano wave, also can you explain how to set up your refugium on the tank. it's my first tank and i want to do it the right the first time.
thanks

zanoshanox

No modifications, took out the skimmer, i just keep a fan blowing at it and the temp stays fine. lights are stock. just had sand/rock/macro in the fuge.

the_bandit

First off, amazing tank. One of the nicest nano's I've seen. Vibrant colors and very nice growth. I inspire to have a 55g with as much color as your's.
For the aiptasia problem, there are three possible ways that I would go about it. There are chemicals of such like aiptasia-X or Joe's Juice that are suppose to do the job very well.
Another option would to simply chip away a piece of the rock that has the aiptasia on it. Would not suggest it for your tank for obvious reasons but it worked for me when I found my first one growing.
Last thing I have heard is to either boil water and squirt it at the aiptasia or take the whole rock out and boil it. Not very intelligent due to the fact that it obliterates everything on the rock but it works for rock with little to no growth on it.
My best suggest would be to go at it with the aiptasia-x or Joe's Juice. Let me know how it works out for you.

life~reefer

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
http:///forum/post/3055297
tank is for sale if anyone in the bay area wants it make me an offer! I'll sell of the livestock individually too if youre interested...
svanwinkle831@gmail.com
Really?!?!?! Why are you selling it looks great? If I lived near you I would buy some of your livestock! Upgrading? Don't just give those amazing corals away to anyone! : )