Shaun and his 40g custom reef build!

First let me thank meowzer for teaching me how to fix my settings and post threads.

OK, I had a 55 gallon reef that i lost to a power outage last year. Ive been licking my wounds ever since and now have decided to restart my tank in a new system.
Im having a custom 40 gallon made, drilled, and set up with a custom sump which will include everything i need including a refuge and auto-top off.
Ive always used t5HO but i think this go round im switching to MH.
I plan on building my tank stand this week end so im hoping some of you can give me some pointers, plans, ideas, or any other input on this project. Thus far, im planning on a basic 2x4 skeleton with a single door and just using molding and stain to make it fancy. But again, any help would be great.
Its been awhile since i was on here so im glad to be back....i missed my hobby badly.....

A

abeandlulu

First thing I want to say is
GO CUBS GO!!!
Ive been a cubs fan sice I can remember. Second, the tank sound good. I think you will like the MH's better. I cant wait to see how everything goes. Keep us posted and cant wait to see pics

meowzer

Boo CUBS......GO YANKEES
You are welcome Shaun, glad you are back, and I also can not wait to see pictures.

Jaxgirl tour thread got me back into. I'm gonna build my stand Friday. If I can find some plans. Lol. Yours turned out great!

UPDATE***
So the stand is now complete. ( Ill post pictures when I get a second ) I went and ordered my 40 gallon breeder this weekend. It will be drilled and ready by wednesday. Also my sump/Refuge will be complete by Thursday. Im getting excited to get back into things.
My only question is I really want to run MH this go round. Im thinking 2 150watt 14K suspended from my ceiling to allow air circulation, etc...Any input on where to get a good deal on these would be great.
Also im still wondering about the QT tank...and ideas on how I can easily solve that would be great.
Thanks again!