Shaving Brush??

meowzer

Is it normal for a shaving brush plant to lose bristles? I have had them a week, and only one seems to be doing that.

drtito

What kind of lights do you have ? The guy at my LFS said that if your lights are not strong enough it will slowly kill your plants , mine are turning white with the brush coming apart. Only one every replyed for me, said it might be low calicum, so I hope this helps.

fcatch76

My story about the 5 brushes I bought from SWF.com.
When they arrived they weren't very green. After one week in the tank they became much brighter (green). My LM Blenny began to chomp at them for the algae growing on the bristles and he would end up pulling live and dead bristles from his chomping. Two of the five began to break apart at the root, so we took those and tossed them. Two more began to change to white, so for an experiment I placed them in my fuge. Two weeks later thay are back to good health. Now, that leaves one more still in the tank right?? That one has sprouted another root that became the brightest (root and all) and the two are attached under the LS. The original one is turning white and the new one is still green as green can be...
. So the fuge must help somewhat...(cheato, pods, 24w 10k PC). The main tank Biocube 29 has the 4.36 lighting from nanotuners, so 1 10k, 2 Act. and 1 50/50. Act. for 10 hrs. 10k and 50/50 for 8hrs. and the fuge for roughly 8hrs. Calcium is always at 480.
Well thats my story....HTH

mch2o

i have a orange fan in my tank. It is feeding casue she has her little sprots that come out but she is falling apart in some parts thou