She Popped!!!!!

squidd

Is that a "Bristle/Serpent" Star arm in the background?
Aren't you worried he'll just reace out and grab an arm full?
IE: Are you going to be moving the "brood" to a rearing tank?
:cool:

jpawson

Fantastic picture! Look at dad...alll supportive. What a cool thing that must be to watch.
Hope they do well.

fishman830

thats awesome, how long does it take to have eggs from percs
this was really posted by fishman622 (i signed in on his pc :):))

bang guy

Originally posted by Squidd
Is that a "Bristle/Serpent" Star arm in the background?
Aren't you worried he'll just reace out and grab an arm full?

It might try... It will just pull back a bloody stump though. Dad gets MEAN when there are eggs around. He drew blood from my hand last time when I removed the eggs.
On day 8 or 9 I will move the entire rock to the fry tank until they hatch and then I'll replace the rock.

bang guy

Originally posted by Bonermeister
Bang is that a piece of coralline encrusted slate or an actual piece of flat live rock?

It's a piece of Shale. A piece from an ancient ocean I believe.

bang guy

Originally posted by Fishman830
thats awesome, how long does it take to have eggs from percs

A couple of years I think.

javatech

Getting them to lay is no problem for me it's getting them to lay on something that i can move out of the tank. mine are laying every 14 day's. i tryed to put some slate in were they lay but they just tryed to move it and then just layed right next to it on the one rock i cant move

lovethesea

Oh, my, gosh....that is the coolest picture I have ever seen. I have never seen that before. THANKS!!!!! Your not kiddin' she popped, she looked really full, but I didn't realize how full. Is it me or does she have that very familiar look of RELIEF on her face!! :D
Hope that star doesn't decide its snack time, although your right, Dad may tear him limb from limb!

attml

Congratulations! You're a Grand-parent:) Very nice shots! Thanks for sharing the before and after pics!!