Shipment stuck in Memphis

gmann1139

So, did anyone else order something from SWF that was supposed to arrive today and have Fedex decide to leave the package in Memphis, or am I only the lucky one?

Luckily my order is all inverts, but I am not optimistic for their survival until Monday.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann1139 http:///forum/thread/382368/shipment-stuck-in-memphis#post_3336622
So, did anyone else order something from SWF that was supposed to arrive today and have Fedex decide to leave the package in Memphis, or am I only the lucky one?

Luckily my order is all inverts, but I am not optimistic for their survival until Monday.
MAN that sux for this to happen on a Friday....I have had a few packages stranded in Memphis overnight, I have had somethings make it...and others not so lucky :(
SWF stands behind their gaurantee though

indy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmann1139 http:///forum/thread/382368/shipment-stuck-in-memphis#post_3336622

Have you tried contacting FEDEX directly? Are you having weather issue in your area? Or MEM may have some weather issues..SFW will hold off shipping, if your area is having weather issues they have done that a couple of times for me.

gmann1139

Called Fedex after I got SWF's voicemail. Useless, as usual.
They don't seem to know what is going on with the shipment either, so they couldn't tell me Saturday or Monday.

gmann1139

Thanks Indy. Wish I'd seen that last night.
Saturday morning and still in Memphis.
On the other hand, as a Mets fan, I should expect that expensive, fragile things that come out of Port St. Lucie will break down soon after.

gmann1139

Well, the end result was that Fedex delivered the box (marked perishable) at 4:30 Monday afternoon. Water temp = 46 F. Needless to say, everything was dead, and started rotting.
Fedex admitted on the phone that something went bad with this shipment, as it missed 2 scans in Memphis. Technically, by their system, it's still there.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
More fun - that is not even the same story they gave me.
I have already placed a claim for this.
Please call me
772-462-0203 x100 900-400 EST.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
no no those are the hours I get paid to be here. notice I have been here til late at night - things that make ya go hmmmmmm

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
lol
those are my phone hours. I am here by 730 most days and leave at 430- I just don't have the phone on at certain times so that I can concentrate certain job responsibilities.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member