Shogun323's tank

demartini

Originally Posted by shogun323
Done. It's in the mail!! You'll have it tomorrow.

hehe if only it was true...
by the way......just a friendly suggestion. I think you should get some trumpet coral or candy canes. Yeaaaah those will look cool in your tank.

shogun323

Originally Posted by DeMartini
hehe if only it was true...
by the way......just a friendly suggestion. I think you should get some trumpet coral or candy canes. Yeaaaah those will look cool in your tank.
I love trumpets. They also had some candycanes at my LFS too that I was looking at the other week. That's a great suggestion. I just don't know where I would put them.
Where would you stick them in my tank?

demartini

top center or you could put some in the hole in the center not the cave on the bottom but the hole to you right hand side...just wedge it some place lol

shogun323

So here are some new pics. BTW Demart, I was checkin out Trumpet Corals tonight.... they very well may be my next purchase. So the first pic is of my yellow polyps I acquired this evening. The rest are random shrooms in my tank. Enjoy. ~Wade

shogun323

Update time. So today was a great day. I have new........
Pink/light blue eyed zoas with a dark purple edge

Trumpet Coral

And finally for my acrylic 3 gallon tank........
A Peacock Mantis!!!!!

hatessushi

Really really nice pics. I wish I could get my pics to come that clear. Are you using a flash? I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W5 at 5.1 megapixels. I thought it was an ok camera but I can't get my pics like that. Shogun323 is there a trick to it I am missing? I can take regular outside pics of flowers and such clear like that.

1knight164

oooOOOoooooOoo I love it!! The rics are to die for! A rock of rics like that would be $300 here
lol very nice.
Newbie here. DeMartini or Shogun, can you tell me what a "ric" is? Couldn't find it on the "acronym" page. :notsure: Beautiful tank! Hope you don't mind if I copy a little!

conch

Love the Mantis, is you 3 gal connected to the rest of the system, or is it on a seperate Filter? I've been thinking bout adding a couple of 10 gals to my system. and connecting them all through my Sump.
Love the main tank as well. I remeber living in Florida, finding a LFS was SOOO much easier there much more choices. There are 3 with in 5 miles on RT 1 just south of Miami now I've got at least 50 miles between store :( luckily I have a good one with in 5 miles of my home, but the choices just aren't the same

conch

Originally Posted by 1knight164
Newbie here. DeMartini or Shogun, can you tell me what a "ric" is? Couldn't find it on the "acronym" page. :notsure: Beautiful tank! Hope you don't mind if I copy a little!
"Ric" is Ricordia aka pimple covered mushrooms, generally orange or green some are almost rainbow colored

demartini

Originally Posted by 1knight164
My favorite coral!! they are such beautiful mushrooms

1knight164

Ahhh! Yes! They are beautiful. Thanks for the def, Conch. And thanks for the pic, DeMaritini. Much appreciated. Tops on my shopping list.

shogun323

yes!!!!! ya got a trumpet!
.........that mantis is crazy!
Thanks. Yeah the trumpet makes a great addition.I will have to post a new full tank shot. My mantis is now my favorite. He is such a fascinating evil little critter.
Originally Posted by Hatesushi
Really really nice pics. I wish I could get my pics to come that clear. Are you using a flash? I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W5 at 5.1 megapixels. I thought it was an ok camera but I can't get my pics like that. Shogun323 is there a trick to it I am missing? I can take regular outside pics of flowers and such clear like that.
Thanks. I use my roomates Canon on Macro setting with no flash. That is the key. I have a Sony DSC-P72 and I can't get hardly any quality shots. Thanks again.
Originally Posted by conch

Love the Mantis, is you 3 gal connected to the rest of the system, or is it on a seperate Filter? I've been thinking bout adding a couple of 10 gals to my system. and connecting them all through my Sump.
Love the main tank as well. I remeber living in Florida, finding a LFS was SOOO much easier there much more choices. There are 3 with in 5 miles on RT 1 just south of Miami now I've got at least 50 miles between store :( luckily I have a good one with in 5 miles of my home, but the choices just aren't the same.
My 3 gallon is a total separate tank in my bedroom. I 'm convinced my Mantis will try to kill me in my sleep one night but that is a risk I am willing to take. As far as the LFS's there are alot around here in the tampabay area. All of them specialize in different things. It's great. Thanks again!!!