shot of my ever growing acro forrest

murph145

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
***) do you have 14k's or are those actinic supplements ?
only 14K phoenix's no actinics..... my camera captures a lil more blue that i think i actually see in person but i duno lol

murph145

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
i love looking at the pics you post. best tank i have seen on here.
thank you i appreciate ur nice comments

S

scoobs

Wow.. I got a large sum of money coming to me from a drunk driver that hit me head on last year. I am thinking of doinf something like this but PURE sps.. and some clams.. hella impressive man love it

05xrunner

just curious what size tank is it and how much flow do you have.
I dont wanna have a full tank of SPS I just have about 4 smaller colonies now and probably wont get to many more. nothing like you got.

murph145

its a 180G tank 6x2x2 with about 35x's turnover from a closed loop some seio powerheads and the sump return
gmford1979 heres a full tank shot

im just waiting around for these corals to keep growing out it will be interesting to see where they are at in another year

zman1

That is way over crowded. Fortunately for you, I run a non-profit coral shelter and currently have open slots that can help with your situation.
Looks great as usual

05xrunner

oh ok..right now I got about a 25x turnover on my 75..I am going to probably get it to around 30x or so. I guess that should be good.
LOL its really funny seeing how good your tank is doing. Makes me laugh even more from that idiot at the store telling me I need like 10,000pgh or a 100x turnover in my 75

integral9

First off, luv the tank. Nice job. But I have to ask why you didn't put in a Monticap? I think it's so cool to see acros growing through a monticap. my LFS has one, looks like a spike through a dinner plate... I'm not sure about the survivability in the long term, but it wasn't intentional on their part. The tank just started growing acros and montis all over and everywhere when they changed the lights and added a new auto suppliment solution. It's gotten so out of control the owner is taking the upstarts out and selling them as frags...

murph145

thanks bigarn i can always count on u for some nice comments!
zman1 luckily ur non-profit lol just send me ur address and the info ill send some corals ur way

05xrunner..... one thing u will learn is there are many different ways of doing things and everyone will say there way is better lol.... IMO if u get ur flow to be aroud 30x's then ur fine..... 100x's is pretty insane can be done but ud have to be barebottom all the way!
salth20addict... thanks thats very kind of u i always enjoy snappin some pics as the tank progresses i started out not knowing a thing 3 years ago with my old tank and this is what i have today
integral9... i have one monti cap its the orange one in the lower part of the second pic.... i had issues with my salt back about 5 months ago and montis would not live for a thing..... im not starting to get some more montis i wanna get a purple and a green rimmed purple one next.... then some nice encrusting montis .... i agree those huge montis swirling around look awesome!

chilwil84

sweet tanks as always love the tableing acro on the mid left side looks like it has room to grow out nicely