shot of my ever growing acro forrest

seannmelly

murph as always sweet tank! when you post pics i stare at the pics for about a hour just staring and staring and staring....awsome.

05xrunner

another question..my one large piece of acro..I am trying to get it in a spot. Is it ok if any of the branches touch the rocks.

murph145

thanks everyone!
seannmelly dont stare too long or u mite start seeing things :joy:
05xrunner... u can have the acro touching rocks.... i will directly superglue gel them to the rocks then they encrust onto it making them a part of the rock now...... it wont hurt the coral

05xrunner

Originally Posted by murph145
thanks everyone!
seannmelly dont stare too long or u mite start seeing things :joy:
05xrunner... u can have the acro touching rocks.... i will directly superglue gel them to the rocks then they encrust onto it making them a part of the rock now...... it wont hurt the coral
Thanks...I didnt wanna take a chance of hurting the tissue on the acro.
this is the piece I am having a hard time getting to stay

murph145

nice coral, some kind of tri-color im guessin??.... sometimes ill just use epoxy or alot of super glue gel the Duro brand type seems to work the best IMO very sticky underwater.... i have to use awhole tube on some of the larger pieces but ive found it over at the depot for like $2 for a double tube pack....
try to get the piece secure cuz acros dont like to be messed with too much or they start stressin out and u have a higher chance of somethign goin wrong...

joncat24

Murph....u r killin me

that is just amazing. Dont forget us ohio rednecks when you start fraggin that stuff out.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TANK
:happyfish

murph145

Originally Posted by joncat24
Murph....u r killin me

that is just amazing. Dont forget us ohio rednecks when you start fraggin that stuff out.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TANK
:happyfish
hahaha im a so cali red neck lol anyways u just let me know and ill send some ur way bro
***)

joncat24

they didn't start out to well...I just got a better skimmer though and I have noticed in the past few days the polyps are extending again.

joncat24

I haven't done any pics for a while now...
I am running a etss reef devil deluxe now for the skimmer. I love it!!!

murph145

yeah those seem to be nice skimmers for sure....
acros can be tricky took me a while to figure out what they exactly like to make them happy

jessi p

Murph, just breathtaking. What a beautiful tank - the kind we all aspire to.
I made it my desktop background too. :)

seannmelly

murph do you take your rocks out of the water to glue them down or just glob the glue on the coral and press it down? i just got some nice acro colonys and was thinking about gluing them down. do you know how many gph a maxijet 1200 is? i have 2 in my 125 now but was thinking about another but i want to know the gph first. he polyp exstention is amazing it kinda looks like millipora. i dont know if thats a sign of good flow or bad flow. still waiting for that frag pack from ya

murph145

Originally Posted by Jessi P
Murph, just breathtaking. What a beautiful tank - the kind we all aspire to.
I made it my desktop background too. :)
thank you very much jessi P very kind words! it often times amazes me how far ive taken this hobby and what ive gotten my SW tank to look like

murph145

Originally Posted by seannmelly
murph do you take your rocks out of the water to glue them down or just glob the glue on the coral and press it down? i just got some nice acro colonys and was thinking about gluing them down. do you know how many gph a maxijet 1200 is? i have 2 in my 125 now but was thinking about another but i want to know the gph first. he polyp exstention is amazing it kinda looks like millipora. i dont know if thats a sign of good flow or bad flow. still waiting for that frag pack from ya
it the pieces are small enough i usually just use the superglue gel .... if they are a lil larger and cumbersome i use the 2 part epoxy.... either way works pretty good and is safe for your tank....
i know ive gotta get a frag pack together one of these days for yah!
u have any pics of ur new aquisitions?? id like to see....
a maxijet 1200 only does 295GPH ur guna wanna add more powerheads like maybe SEIOs or Tunzee's or even do some maxi jet mods to your existing powerheads to get more flow out of them.... sps like alot of flow.... polyps extension is a good sign but they need to be swaying around