shot of my ever growing acro forrest

seannmelly

ok ill get a pic for ya the 1 is nice green but the other is bleached but has nice polyp extention still. i got them cheap enough so i figured id try to nurse it back. but they all have nice waving polyp extenion thats why i was asking. i also have nursed back a green birdsnest from completly bleached with no extention, its coloring up nice. i have to say dont laugh they look nothing like yours. as for gluing you leave the rock in the tank and put the apoxy on the coral then submerge the coral into the water onto the rock? the apoxy dont hurt the water? what kind of apoxy do you use? as for the frag pack ive been patiently waiting i want to get some diff color sps other than green

20galfowlr

maybe in 5 years when my experience is up there, and i have unloaded my wallet for an amazing tank like that your tank will have enough frags for this ohio redneck too haha

murph145

as far as gluing directly to the rock thats how i do it.... the superglue gel works best.... i get the kind made by Duro.... u just put a huge glob on stick it in the water set it on a rock kinda move it around so the glue transfers to the rock too then it sticks within a few seconds....
the epoxy works for some bigger pieces its safe under water but will make your skimmer go crazy so ur guna have to turn it off for like an hour or else it will overflow!
thats awesome that u are nursing it back to health....
shoot me a email again and we can figure something out for yah

murph145

Originally Posted by 20galFOWLR
maybe in 5 years when my experience is up there, and i have unloaded my wallet for an amazing tank like that your tank will have enough frags for this ohio redneck too haha

hahahaha!

hey whenever ur ready u let me know ill be around hopefully in 5 years for yah! i think my wallets a tad empty now since starting this thing lol

seannmelly

ok here you go murph i feel so emberrased posting these with your pics. the polyp extension is alot more the lights were only on for 2 min. the 1st pic is green tipped dont know what it is 2nd i think is hydrophora? 3rd is green slimer 4th is green monti 5th is idk. i have 2 others that i will post when they open up. heres my email again vandy12069@yahoo.com

murph145

lookin good
yeah first looks to me to be a poccilopora sp. acro
second looks to be a branching green monti digitata
3rd looks like its probably some sort of green slimer stag
4th is a green plating monti
5th is a green humilis or saomesis sp acro
lookin good at least they all look healthy and have nice polyps
just think about addin more flow to the tank

seannmelly

ok heres the other 2 1st is i think green birdsnest(looks poopy but a 100 times better then when i got it. it was all white no polyps look at it now) 2nd is unknown and bleached but still has green polyps hard to see here

murph145

hard to tell exactly what they are.... hmmm ill have to think.... i know that one i called a humilis likes lots of light and lots of flow
but it looks like ur takin care of everything nicely!

volcom69

sean that last pick is def. A. humilis its a cluster acro. so like murph said lots of light and flow. Thats one thing about the cluster acros is because there branches are so tightly toghter they bleach out when the flow is not strong enough for them.

teen

well, looks like you didnt get TOTM
. but the nano that won is a nice little set up. maybe next month.

triga22

Slowly... That tank seems to get bigger and better everytime you look at it! Do you have a pic of what it looked like at first? Kinda be weird to see the difference.

murph145

Originally Posted by teen
well, looks like you didnt get TOTM
. but the nano that won is a nice little set up. maybe next month.
oh well ill have to see what that nanos all about! we will see next month ***)

murph145

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Slowly... That tank seems to get bigger and better everytime you look at it! Do you have a pic of what it looked like at first? Kinda be weird to see the difference.
ok well heres how the tank looked about 7 months ago when i was stockin up on sps if u look around and compare u can see some of the corals and how much they have grown

murph145

a few more a lil closer

and my new ora blue milli.... hope to see it turn into a colony soon enough

volcom69

Love the ora blue just got one about 2 months ago when i got dumb me accidently broke the frag, but i placed both in and ill tell u what in two months the way that guy grew, the bottom grew into a very nice puddle encrusting the rock very nice and started to grow up and out, so it will grow very fast for ya one of my fav sps besides the actual superman monti.