shot of my ever growing acro forrest

volcom69

Ill let u know if i find any good buys on the superman im lookin now, i noticed though that the encrusting montis are tougher to keep then most of the acros i have i figured they would be easier but who knows.

murph145

cool yeah let me know .... yeah the encrusting ones can be kinda tricky with lighting and flow demands they can brown very easily

seannmelly

murph in your last set of pics 3rd from the bottom what is that spotted fish? all your sps grew that fast in 7 months or did you buy them that big?

20galfowlr

awesome murph, hey it looks like your anemone might have bleached a little in the last 7 months based on the picture.. any idea why?
its so crazy that your rock has so much coraline algae on it that it just blends with the colorful coral, also you ever have any problems with corals stinging others because they are so closely packed, i think it would be cool to see one fight for territory, you know the whole extruding their guts and eating eachother.. haha only if they werent so expensive right?

L

lbaskball

how do you get sps to grow? i have enough lighting, but i just can't seem to keep any acros alive. Maybe its my water quality?

murph145

Originally Posted by seannmelly
murph in your last set of pics 3rd from the bottom what is that spotted fish? all your sps grew that fast in 7 months or did you buy them that big?
its my leopard wrasse! its done so well i love it very colrful and active!

heres a few growth shots and time line
valida 8 months ago

and today

my yellow table when i first got it maybe 9 months ago i didnt know what it was

today

i have many more growth shots i can share but this gives u some kinda idea

murph145

Originally Posted by 20galFOWLR
awesome murph, hey it looks like your anemone might have bleached a little in the last 7 months based on the picture.. any idea why?
its so crazy that your rock has so much coraline algae on it that it just blends with the colorful coral, also you ever have any problems with corals stinging others because they are so closely packed, i think it would be cool to see one fight for territory, you know the whole extruding their guts and eating eachother.. haha only if they werent so expensive right?

yeah i dont know what happend to y its bleached i feed it it never moves is always inflated but it did bleach alot and im not sure why?
yeah the rock is loaded with living stuff one thing i didnt want were aptasias but i put 8 bergia nudibranchs in about 3 months ago and they have been slowly makin there way through the aptasias and there numbers are dwendiling
ive had some corals fall onto each otehr and sting but now they are growing into each others paths... i have a few within a few millimeters of each otehr it will be interesting to see what they end up doin... i might have to do a lil fraggin
oh and thank u bluetang66!

murph145

Originally Posted by lbaskball
how do you get sps to grow? i have enough lighting, but i just can't seem to keep any acros alive. Maybe its my water quality?
write me an email if u want i can kinda discuss it with u if ud like
murph145"@"aol.com

volcom69

You ever order any of ur sps or u get the from a LFS i was just wondering if u ever got any frags off or frags.org just curious.

murph145

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Murph your going to need to upgrade. Those corals are getting HUGE!!
i know! tell me about it lol i wanna get a bigger tank but im tapped out funds wise and i dont want anymore things to look after lol

murph145

Originally Posted by volcom69
You ever order any of ur sps or u get the from a LFS i was just wondering if u ever got any frags off or frags.org just curious.
ive never got anything off line... i have gotten some frags from other fellow reefers... most of my stuff came from the wholesalers and some from the LFS stores...

wangotango

Originally Posted by murph145
oh well ill have to see what that nanos all about! we will see next month ***)
it was a pretty nice nano, but not quite an "acro forest".
the one thing this forum needs is a TOTM.
-Justin

murph145

Originally Posted by WangoTango
it was a pretty nice nano, but not quite an "acro forest".
the one thing this forum needs is a TOTM.
-Justin
agreed