Should I be worried?

Balloon

So I have a 30 gal tank with 3 triggerfish and liverock in it. There are no other fish. Occasionally, I hear sharp popping/clicking noises coming from the live rock, and the sound is usually followed by a small bubble coming from the live rock. However, when the sound occurs, I usually also see one of my triggerfish nipping at the live rock. Could it be possible that the sharp noise is coming from their teeth grinding against the rock, or would it be a possible hitchhiker? The size of my triggers range from 2-4 inches should I be worried about any of them getting attacked by a mantis or pistol shrimp? Thanks.

bang guy

It's probably a Mantis or Pistol Shrimp as you've already guessed. I would not worry about your fish. They will continue to hunt the Shrimp.

Is this 30 gallon tank just your quarantine tank?

Balloon

Niger, Picasso, and rectangular. They're all around 3 inches or less. currently working on a cheap 55 acrylic tank so the 30 gal is the best I can do for now

trigger40

niger hast to go very soon. they grow very fast and can reach over 20", in a 55 the other two triggers can live happy for many years. a trigger would take down a pistol shrimp with ease if it wanted to. ive seen large clown triggers take down mantis shrimp before. but your triggers are small so they dont stand much of a chance. i would set a fish trap out before light out and see what you get.