Show me your Anemones (and Clowns)

attml

Very nice shots and some beautifil Clowns & Anemones! Keep them coming if you have pictures!!
Thomas,
Very nice! Did that recently split or is that 1 anemome?

T

thomas712

Two BTA's which recently both split. That rock that you see them on has 5 on it right now. One is behind and a little lower on that same rock.
Thomas

T

thomas712

Naturally, if anything I wish I could have forced them to stay as they were
I'll go take a fresh pic ;)

attml

Thanks! My Rose keeps getting bigger & bigger. I am hoping for it to split. When I tie my new 120 into the rest of my system in a few weeks that may kick it off!!

S

shouse

HOw hard is it to take care of an anemone? anyone have any problems with them? and what kind of an upkeep is it?
thanks

T

thomas712

wouldn't you know it, low battery on the digi. Gotta recharge :mad:

lv-reefer

Anyone have any luck getting a clown to host to Condy's?? I have 2 different Condy's and an Alveopora and my 2 tank raised percs could care less.

attml

wouldn't you know it, low battery on the digi. Gotta recharge
When you get it recharged post a shot if you get a chance
HOw hard is it to take care of an anemone? anyone have any problems with them? and what kind of an upkeep is it?
Anemones can be very difficult to care for. In the anemone forum on the other board apx 75% of the posts are from hobbist who didn't have the right conditions for an anemone and their anemone is heading south! IMO you need at least a 6 month or older tank and extremely good lighting (MH is recomended or a lot of PC or VHO depending on the species of anemone you plan to keep).
Anyone have any luck getting a clown to host to Condy's?? I have 2 different Condy's and an Alveopora and my 2 tank raised percs could care less
Condys are known for not only eating tank fish but they are notorius for eating clowns as well! In the wild I don't believe that there are any clowns that regularly host in Condys. I have heard of a few Clarkii Clowns and Large Tomato Clowns hosting in Condys in captivity but your best bet (providing you have the proper conditions) is to get a BTA which is known to host certain clowns in the wild and captivity. BTAs are still very difficult to care for but as anemones go they are one of the easier species.

enomadra

Here is mine. I am really excited about this too because my clown just started to host this rather than my feather duster:jumping: