show me your DIY stands!!!

hawk fish

i am working on building a 135 stand....need some ideas for supports and types and sizes of wood...please include as many pictures as possible
any info greatly appreciated!@!!!!!

reefkprz

here is my DIY stand made out of 1" plywood and strapping stained "paprika red" and sealed with marine epoxy sealer.

jonny

Originally Posted by ifirefight
one more
hey ifirefight i was wondering was size tank that is on top of that stand. it looks like a 180 or 210. hopefully cause that is what i am getting here in a week. so i was wondering also if you could send me the plans to your stand that would be awesome.
thanx
cole
jonnyfishstix@insightbb.com

ifirefight

Originally Posted by jonny
hey ifirefight i was wondering was size tank that is on top of that stand. it looks like a 180 or 210. hopefully cause that is what i am getting here in a week. so i was wondering also if you could send me the plans to your stand that would be awesome.
thanx
cole
jonnyfishstix@insightbb.com
e-mail sent

jlem

Here is the stand I built for my 150 gallon. The stand is 5X24X32 inches tall. The doors and trim are solid Oak and the rest is 3/4 inch Oak PLY. I also built the canopy which is solid Oak.

gmford1979

hey jlem, do you have plans for your stand? i work for a company that makes hardwood lumber, and have been wanting to build me a stand out of it.
yours looks great!!

jonny

e-mail sent
this goes for anyone that may have built a stand like this. how strong do you feel this stand is? i will be putting a 210g on there so it is the same length just wider. do you think it would hold it? also the vertical pieces do they have to be where they are structurely or could i put them at the points where the tank has braces? if you know please advise? my goal is to make the all glass modern series stand. i love the look but refuse to pay $1000 for it. ridiculous. so if anyone has any pointers i would love to hear them.
thanx
cole
also thanx to responses and emails i have already gotten.

peter1215

e-mail sent
Hi
I like the stand you built. I just bought a 210g tank and looking to build my stand. could you please email me the plans for your stand. what height did you make your stand and how many gallons is the tank?
thanks
Peter
email: pistolpete1215@yahoo.com

peter1215

e-mail sent
Hi
I like the stand you built. I just bought a 210g tank and looking to build my stand. could you please email me the plans for your stand. what height did you make your stand and how many gallons is the tank?
thanks
Peter
email: pistolpete1215@yahoo.com

ifirefight

Oh,stand is 30 inches tall. Just worked out good for the area in my house. I have it in front of 2 sofas so we spend lots of time "sitting" and lookin at the tank.

peter1215

e-mail sent to pistol pete. I love it!! Im sure most people wont know who pistol pete is,,,,LOL.
you're right , most dont know! lol

peter1215

Oh,stand is 30 inches tall. Just worked out good for the area in my house. I have it in front of 2 sofas so we spend lots of time "sitting" and lookin at the tank.
what is the reccomended type of screw to use on stands. I have box of 3" deck screws , are these ok ?