Show me your Soft Corals.

teamsleep

I am going to order some coral in a week or so and I am just wondering if you guys would have any input on soft corals. Pictures would also help. I am looking along the lines of a Yellow Fiji Leather also a Toadstool or a Califlower colt. How much flow you guys have in your tank, where the corals are located and what it takes for them to thrive. Pictures would be greatly appreciatted to give me some ideas on what would look really nice.
My tank is a 45 with 192 watts of PC lighting. Any ideas?

patandlace

Not the best picture, It was taken at night with the lights out, but here's my spaghetti leather I got a few days ago.

dogstar

Originally Posted by The J.O.P.
dogstar which kodak you use? i have a 7.1 mega pixle. but i never get shots like that.
EasyShare DX 4330, 3.1 MP and PhotoShop.....I take a lot of shots to get a few good ones....

dogstar

Originally Posted by The J.O.P.
thanks, i guess i need to learn photoshop!!
Sorry to get off topic,, But I only use the PS mainly for resizeing and croping and very little other color or brightness, ect. enhancement.....It took a long time for me to learn that much...

Honestly, the camera takes pretty good shots as far as true color and contrast as I see things....

teamsleep

Dogstar you said you only have 12x's the turn over for your tank. With that little current and your MH do you have any problem with algea on your glass or in your tank at all? Your tank looks really good so does everyone elses I can only build mine up one coral at a time to hopefully look as good as all of yours. How long do you keep your lights on and do you feed them at all?

teamsleep

Also can I get full tank shot from you guys too and some coral names Im not to familiar with every coral yet. Thanks.

dogstar

The common namesof mine in order from top to bottom..
Ricordia Yuma and Red Mushrooms
Purple Finger Leather
Pom Pom Xenia ( close up )
Sphagetti Leather ( spelling ? ) ( I think, have not researched it )
Assorted softies

Zoos and Mushrooms
More Xenia and Kenya Tree
Yuma ( close up )
Green Sinularia ( finger leather )
Purple Rics ( close up, Ricordia florida
)
My tank is a 150g with a 50g sump/fuge, no algea problems at all, lots of macro in the fuge to help with nutriants...most softies dont need to be directly fed, they live by nutriants supplied by photosynthetic organisums that live inside of them. This is what and why they need proper lighting...And also by absorbing minerals directly from the water. Although some can be fed. I run my lights 12 hrs.
Heres a shot of the complete system and the marcros in the fuge...

taznut

not going to compete with those but here is my colt... 130w 50/50 on a 20gal.. my clown loves it... can you find some one hiding??? :thinking:

dogstar

Who Dey
Just for the record and because Im sooooo picky picky.

The mussid and Frogspawn are consider to be Large Polyp Stony corals, not softies...they do look good though.