Show off your new stuff!

wartooth1

Hey everybody!
Since this section of the forum is as close to a "general discussion" section we have, I would like to start a thread where everybody can post a pic of their latest and greatest buy. Whether its a cool new fish, coral, invert, or aquarium upgrade, show it off here and inspire eachother (especially the new folk).
Everyone loves to show off what they just got, so lets all do it here! Ok I'll start with my latest purchase from last weekend...

Nice little Acan frag I got... I wanted some red in the tank and this was the brightest of the bunch. There are even 2 more heads forming on the other side!

I finally gave into my wife's begging for a Yellow Tang lol. There is an LFS within walking distance of my mechanic so I went there while my brakes were being worked on. They had a nice selection of small Yellow Tangs and they only wanted $20 for them so... yoink!

And lastly for today's post, my new favorite coral, an Open Brain Wellsophyllia. Its had a couple of days to get used to my tank and I'm pretty sure this is it fully opened. My phone's camera doesn't do this thing justice... the reds, blues, and purples on this guy are quite vivid and I count 4 mouths in the center. I saw it a month ago in an LFS and I wanted it so badly but I was going on vacation... I was so glad that it was still there a couple of weeks after I got back and its now the centerpiece of my tank.
Ok now your turn to say "look what I just got!"

acrylic51

Come on Gemmy!!!!!! Here's mine.......Almost complete....Should be on the stand Sunday and ready to be leak tested......

xcali1985

Got an upgrade for you. Hand built Custom 240! Check out my build thread to see it. LED lights are in the mail for it.

wartooth1

Wow, great pic everyone!

I didn't realize Harlequin Shrimp stay together as a mated pair... if it weren't for the fact they eat only starfish, I'd totally get one or two.

wartooth1

Just got this over the weekend...

I read somewhere that Elegance Coral prefer to be on the sand, so its now moved there and seems to be doing great. Its definately the "glowiest" coral I have.

xcali1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartooth1 http:///t/387922/show-off-your-new-stuff#post_3418095
Just got this over the weekend...

I read somewhere that Elegance Coral prefer to be on the sand, so its now moved there and seems to be doing great. Its definately the "glowiest" coral I have.

I also have one, they do love the sand, I've had mine for almost 2 years. You have the Australian kind like me, which are in large part hardier. Also they don't like A lot of light so tuck it slightly in a cave or under an over hang.
Kill the tank flow and feed it coral frenzy 2 times a week and watch how happy it is. When I feed coral frenzy the next day all my corals look like crap, but the day after that they all swell up and look amazing. I think they are defecating the food when they look like crap.

tur4k

Picked these two up last week.
Purple Stylo with and without the flash. My Photography skills are lacking.

Red Acans:

I haven't decided on final placement for the Acans. My Duncans are recovering nicely from their mauling. Coming out a little more each day.

tur4k

Oh. I picked up this Baby-o-pora frag about a month ago. I got a really good deal on it at my wife's uterus.