Show Off Your Tank!!!

kjord97

Originally Posted by yetti
What kind of sand is that? It's awesome.

it is called marine sand, it comes in 5 lb bages, i put about 25 bages in the tank, it is a mix of 3 colors. it is very alive after a few months. it is a nice sand

milomlo

UPDATED: here is mine. 29 gal. Anyone tell me what I can get that my clowns may host? I only have 130 watt PC w/ moonlights Will a toadstool work??

murph145

wow i posted a pic back on 7-15-05 also wow what a lil over 4 months can do its crazy the difference got rid of some anemones got some new lighing got some nice clams and sps going now and everything is doing great!!!!
heres the new pic as of today

milomlo

Question here:
Looking at all these great looking tanks I have to wonder. How many of you put your rocks against the back glass? Some of these pictures look like that and I see you have lots of room in the fronts of your tanks. Maybe that is what I should do. I just thought I read somewhere not to touch the glass with the rocks????

murph145

my rocks start about 1/2 from the front then angle back and then touch the back glass to give a ledging effect and it helps add stability and leave extra room in the front so yes i have rocks in my tank touching the back glass....
no problems so far

milomlo

Thanks murph, What about anyone else? Do you stack your rocks on the glass either the sides or the back with no problems?

kjord97

my rock is next to the back glass, i chose to have a valley in the middle, my rock is just close to the back of the glass.

Y

yetti

Originally Posted by kjord97
it is called marine sand, it comes in 5 lb bages, i put about 25 bages in the tank, it is a mix of 3 colors. it is very alive after a few months. it is a nice sand
Where do you get it?

kjord97

Originally Posted by yetti
Where do you get it?

Ha Ha Ha if I tell you then I will get
by the moderators. Just do a search for it on web, or check your LFS i usally find it near the hermit crabs, the land one that are usally painted. Good Luck, i ordered online and i bought some in stores. Hard to find. but it is cheap.

superhero

hey sw65galma how long have u had that moorish idol????? is he a pickey eater?
also
Buzzword type of tang is that thats all black with the orange tail??? its sooo cool looking