show off your zoas!!!!

reefforbrains

I just noticed all my pics of zoos suck. They are all half open and none are really in good color or focus. They seem like an afterthought when taking other pics. Those damn Radioactive dragons have spread to every rock in the tank.
I am going to make a point to take some good pics in next few days

cyberbug

I'm so glad you guys started this...I went to take a pic of my new frag. And look what I found :cheer:
New one I just got yesterday.....

m0nk

Wow, everyone has such great zoas! I wish my LFS had some (well, any) since I can't seem to get a hold of any and I don't have a lot of money. Anyone have any frags of something colorful that they'd want to send me? I don't have anything to trade but when/if I ever do I can send some along.

anubisxero

I like how everyone elses zoo's spread out so evenly and nice. Mine like, scrunch up really tight. Maybe they're too close to the light? I have no clue and the skirts stay really nubby. Instead of stretching out. Anyone know anything of this?
Jason

reefkprz

Originally Posted by rabid frog
These ones are kind of rare, because you dont see them full grown very often, they are called Pasta Polyps, not pretty but huge!! These are the diameter of a golf ball.

Just so you know those are Palythoa Grandis, probably one of the most toxic of all palythoas. I think they are gorgeous.

larryndana

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
Just so you know those are Palythoa Grandis, probably one of the most toxic of all palythoas. I think they are gorgeous.

most toxic, :scared: .

v8eater

Here is a pic of a some zoas that a friend fraged for me. Not sure about the name but they are orange, white, with green centers. Sorry for the bad picture I need to update the camera.

maelv

Sweet zoos, once my wife gets settled in her new job, I am going to get her a biocube that will be mostly zoos.....At first I really didn't care for them, because the stores around here only had the dull brown ones...YUCK...but they are nice, once you find the nice colorful ones. Here are my little frags can't wait until they start becoming full colonies.

anubisxero

maelv, another thing to think about, i used to balk at the zoo's in places around me because they were dull and brown looking, but if you notice, most places have crappy light they keep their frags in, at least around here...and the zoo frags brown out, but a few I have I bought as dull colors and put them under my 14k halide and BANG the colors popped like crazy. Just a thought.

maelv

Originally Posted by Anubisxero
maelv, another thing to think about, i used to balk at the zoo's in places around me because they were dull and brown looking, but if you notice, most places have crappy light they keep their frags in, at least around here...and the zoo frags brown out, but a few I have I bought as dull colors and put them under my 14k halide and BANG the colors popped like crazy. Just a thought.
Good to know. I will have to take a better look next time I am out and about. I know one store just doesn't have that great of zoos. He is using the same lights I have. 250 W - 20 K Radiums........but thanks for the heads up. I will pay closer attention next time...