Showing off my wrasse.....

novahobbies

Too late for the wrasse contest, but I thought I'd show the pic anyway. Took me FOREVER to get a decent shot of this guy....he's in constant motion, never the same spot twice.

meowzer

WOW that is great.....I may still get 3 for the big tank......sigh.....I just don't know....I'd hate to rock the boat

novahobbies

Thanks. Here's the only other shot I managed to get of him that I liked. This one has a better background, unfortunately the wrasse wasn't completely in focus.

I need to tape a mirror up against the glass to see if he'll "flash" more often. They're so radiant when they're displaying like that!

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383451/showing-off-my-wrasse#post_3353796
WOW that is great.....I may still get 3 for the big tank......sigh.....I just don't know....I'd hate to rock the boat
If you do, special order them and get 1 male and two females. You'll have the male putting on a show all the live long day.
I've heard of large tank owners successfully keeping two males in the same tank as long as they're slightly different species; i.e., a McCoscker's and a Carpenters, that sort of thing. Personally I like the idea of a same-species harem more....

btldreef

Great fish!
I'm also considering a harem of flasher wrasses and from what I have read and been told, wrasses do not change gender.....

meowzer

HMMMMM....I guess when Iwas looking at the anthias and Wrasse that just stuck in my head...LOL....I just re-read the filament wrasse page, and IT DOES NOT say anything about changing sex
thanks LOL....I feel so silly

alisamac

Pretty wrasse! Our six-line is always swimming up to us at the glass but the second we raise a camera to him he takes off.

J

jstdv8

my sixline moves around so much i had a heck of a time getting a picture of him to enter in the contest. and then nobody even voted for me

alisamac

Aw! I'm painfully new to this forum or else I'd have voted for a sixline. I love them, sooo much personality.

J

jstdv8

lol, problem is the best pic IMO is also of a sixline, as were most of the others.
LOL, I didn't even vote for my own pic becasue the other was so good.