shrimp question

wbilton

Can you have more than one fire red blood shrimp in a tank? I couldn't find anything on the site about quanities.

saltytom2

i asked about keeping more than one @ my lfs. they didn't advise it. too territorial...imo, it would look cool! he had two in the tanks there, but they were kindof standoffish.

goldenboy

I've got a cleaner and a blood in the same tank. Not much help to you, but they get along fine. They even share the same territory.

rbmount

I've got 2 cleaners,1 blood red, 3 saron, and 5 peppermints in my tank with no problems at all.

I

ivanfj

I would advise to get more than 1. I have 1 right now and he's everywhere but I had all the difficulties in the world to find him. They are a little shy if not kept in pair IMO. HTH

krishj39

I have never known them to be territorial at all. They have a favorite spot, but they don't care who comes into it. I agree that they are more bold when there is more than one of them. I only have one now and I hardly ever see it. When I had more, they would all run out to beat the others to the food. My opinion is that you should have at least 2 if you want to see them at all.

wbilton

Thanks, I already have one, just ordered another one from swf.com. And I never see the one I do have.

bang guy

They do best in groups. 2 should be the minimum.
If you want to see it more often then start hand feeding it.