Sick Anenome

OK. I posted a thread a while back because my anenome was turning white. Well I got my new Nova Extreme Pro and he became healthy again. Back to normal color and eating well. All of a sudden as of yesterday ( no changes in tank all levels great) He will not come out and his tenticles look a deflated. It looks like he is turned inside out and he stayed like that all day yester and now this morning he is not comming out
46gallon bow front
350 watts
1 year old

I tried to offer it brine shrimp with a turkey baster yesterday.....nothing only two tenticles were sticking out and they were not inflated/sticky like normal

veni vidi vici

Ive had my Anemone close up before for no apparent reason as long as it stays attached its probably just irritated by something.Check params ,temp.....

1 year old, my water levels are great . Ok the big one is fine but the small one is still not comming out. Here are pictures.
The first is a tank shot
Second is the big anenome doing fine
Third and forth is the obviously distressed anenome

dive girl

It looks like you anemone is just deflated because it is getting rid of waste. How long have you have it? Have you never seen it do this before? I know that when my anemone does deflate, it appears as if it is dying, but it is just defecating.

I have had it for 6-7 months. It has been like this for 3 days now and is not eating and moving around the tank. Anymore suggestions???

janastasio

You should post your specific water parameters. Nitrate, Nitrite, PH, ammonia, SG, temp, ect. Test strips are not known for their accuracy. How often do you do water changes and how much? I see you have CC for a substrate, do you vaccuum this when you do changes? I had CC when I started with my tank and slowly after time, it led to problems. Works well for fish only tanks, but not great for corals ect. Had very high trates with it even though I cleaned it. Best of luck.

no I do not vacumme it I was told not to stirr up the bottom....should I vaccumme it and what is a better substrate to use. I do water changes once a month, 5 gallons with RO water.
I am going to test water right now...

it is noooooot pooping it is still like this today, attached not moving anymore, but only one tenticle sticking out the rest is tuched in his stem