simplified maroon clown pairing how to's

ryand

snail what type of clowns do you think are the easiest to bread tho?? because hopefully after x-mass i will beable to by clowns (to long away from tank of x-mass break><) and how hard is it to get them to pare up??

snailheave

you should ask bang when it comes to breeding. I think either ocellaris or percula is the easiest to rear.
And it's easy to pair. You just have to be patient, observant, and reacting quickly when things are going right.

900dublr

i bought 2 percs from my lfs a few days ago. They are a little over 1in long. They are tiny. They hang out in the corner of my tank together and dont come out. Im hoping they will get used to my tank soon and move around. Are they actually paired u think?

snailheave

i think they are still juvenile. given time one will emerge as the female and become larger. you will know by then.

sjgsm

Ok, I was always interesting in breeding GSM's... how would it work if i bought a medium GSM... 1 1/4"-2"... and then left in in the tank to grow and establish itself for 2-4 weeks...then bought a small gsm 3/4"-1 1/4" and then tried your theory with the container...should this work out ok?

sjgsm

I had to ask a question...I'm too tired to read this thread again and see if you answered this before...but if the bigger one absolutely kicks the crap out of the smaller one...scales pulled,ripped fins,so on...is it not gonna be possible to pair them or just put it back in the container...wait for it to heal then let it out again or what?

snailheave

if it's A LOT worse than the fourth picture, then you definitely should separate them.
i want to stress that when i said before that it's normal that the small one gets beat up, i did not mean to leave it out for a long period of time.
if the female is going to accept the male, she will do so very quickly, so if five minutes have passed and the assult continues, guide him back into the container.

wocka

snailheave- what is cyclop-eeze? should i feed my maroon that kinda stuff? pros and cons on it please

snailheave

quote from the product site: "CYCLOP-EEZE® are a decapod (10 legged) microscopic crustacean that are instantly characterized by their intense blood-orange coloration."
it comes in several forms, freeze-dried, liquid, and frozen. freeze-dried probably the best deal.
pros:
-omnivore/carnivore fish loves it. it really brings them up. inverts love it as well.
-it brings out intense colors in fish. if you have kept fish for a while you notice some fish loses colors. you'll notice the difference in 3-4 days if you feed them cyclop-eeze.
cons:
-herbivore fish doesn't care for it.
-can pollute the water quickly if you are not careful.
i recommend it since my fish loves it so much.

wocka

u said after a while the fish will loose color, so that means once my maroon gets his color if i dont feed it to him he will go back to his original color? mine has beautiful bold white stripes. i also cant find anything for my lawnmower blenny to eat, ive tried alot.. seaweed..flakes..pellets..brine..

snailheave

it gains color in 3-4 days. i do not know how long does it lose the intense colors if you stop feeding them cyclop-eeze because i haven't stopped.