Single Girl looking for Aiptasia eating animals to keep her company!

adairable

:help: Ok so is there anything I can do about these anenomes...besides blast them with boiling water or that paste stuff that starts with a K and has a couple ws
I have heard peppermint shrimp might do the job. WHAT DO OY THINK!?!
:thinking:

jacksonpt

some peppermint shirmp do, some don't. I've read that it depends where the shirmp are collected from, but I don't know if there's any truth to it.
How bad is the aiptasia in your tank? How established is your tank? I had some in my tank early on... I simply removed the rock and use a small screwdriver and a hammer to chip off a very small portion of rock where the aiptasia was attached. Quick, easy, and certain to ride you of the little buggers.

adairable

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
some peppermint shirmp do, some don't. I've read that it depends where the shirmp are collected from, but I don't know if there's any truth to it.
How bad is the aiptasia in your tank? How established is your tank? I had some in my tank early on... I simply removed the rock and use a small screwdriver and a hammer to chip off a very small portion of rock where the aiptasia was attached. Quick, easy, and certain to ride you of the little buggers.
I've only had my tank running for a month or so....
there aren't too many of them but i think they are multipling!
I don't think I could chip off the rock where they are but I could hit them with a screwdriver I suppose....what da ya think?

adairable

Originally Posted by bsktmom
Peppermint Shrimp worked for me!!! :joy:
see that is what I hear and I wouldn't mind having one but none of the stores around my place have any right now and SWF makes you buy 5 and I think that is too many

jam1e

I have 7 peppermint shrimp in my 210 gallon. But copperbanded butterflys are anemone eating machines

adairable

Originally Posted by Jam1e
I have 7 peppermint shrimp in my 210 gallon. But copperbanded butterflys are anemone eating machines
I feel like a buuterfly wouldn't like it in my sub 14g tank....unless they come in pygmy style

jacksonpt

Originally Posted by Adairable
I could hit them with a screwdriver I suppose....what da ya think?
I wouldn't... the goal is to chip away the part of the rock they are attached to so you leave nothing behind. I would think hitting them with a screwdriver would only make it worse.
But just for my clerification - if you can hit them with a screwdriver, why can't you chip the rock? Just put the rock on a dish towel or old rag or somethign clean (right on your kitchen counter is fine) and have at it.

grmreapr

pepermint shrimp did the trick for me within a week they where all gone there has to be a good pet store near philly il see if i can find one for you im not to far away i know there is one in lancaster not far from you called that pet place or something il see if i can find it for you.

adairable

Originally Posted by grmreapr
pepermint shrimp did the trick for me within a week they where all gone there has to be a good pet store near philly il see if i can find one for you im not to far away i know there is one in lancaster not far from you called that pet place or something il see if i can find it for you.
AWESOME!!! i just called tow stores and they didn't have any....maybe there is a ma and pa type store hidden somewhere :thinking:
that would be the best!

adairable

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
I wouldn't... the goal is to chip away the part of the rock they are attached to so you leave nothing behind. I would think hitting them with a screwdriver would only make it worse.
But just for my clerification - if you can hit them with a screwdriver, why can't you chip the rock? Just put the rock on a dish towel or old rag or somethign clean (right on your kitchen counter is fine) and have at it.
I may try to chip themaway ...we'll see how adventurous i feel when I get home!

grmreapr

well go to the name i gave you online( that pet place) and there located in lancaster doesnt seem to far away from philly im also gonna try to find a couple more places when i get off of work and ask some people and see what they have to say.

adairable

I found it online and I am going to see when I can check it out.... you're right about it seeming to be pretty close to Philly tho! :joy:

L

lbaskball

Use a product called "joes juice" it works well. You take a little drop and put it near them, they eat it, and die.

1knight164

Peps didn't work for me. Have three. Hoping someday when they get bigger they'll do the trick. Until then Joes Juice works great.

1knight164

Originally Posted by larryndana
they will actually eat the joe's juice?
To me, they seem to die on contact rather than by eating the stuff. :notsure:

maxalmon

Over the last year I've found 3 of them in my tank, here's how I KILL them and they never come back.
I have a small container of Kalk and some Q-Tips, wet the Q-Tip with tank water and then get just a tiny bit of Kalk on the tip of the Q-Tip, take the infested rock out of the tank and then just press the kalk into the aptasia's little area, don't worry if he withdraws and you can't see him, just get the kalk in the right area, let it set for a minute and then use the other end of the Q-Tip to wipe up any excess kalk, you can also use a squirt of tank water over a sink to rinse the remaining kalk off.
If you can't get the rockout of the water, then still use the Q-tip and do the same procedure underwater, you use such a small amount of kalk that it doesn't cause problems. I had one that was under the encrusting rim of a GSP and I just dabbed the whole are, even got some of the klak on the GSP and didn't cause any problems.

X

xnikki118x

Go to That Fish Place/That Pet Place in Lancaster. You'll be glad you did!!
PS. Peppermint shrimp worked for me!