Single Girl looking for Aiptasia eating animals to keep her company!

adairable

so I did some hacking at the rocks for some of them that were on the surface and that worked ok.....but I think I am going to invest in some Joe's Juice and give them a little treat

wangotango

i've used joe's juice in my 55. its cheap and within minutes the aiptasia are gone! just dont go crazy with it. from what ive heard from other people, its pretty much hit and miss with peppermints.
-Justin

1knight164

Originally Posted by 1knight164
Peps didn't work for me. Have three. Hoping someday when they get bigger they'll do the trick. Until then Joes Juice works great.

SUCCESS!!!! Spied my peps eating the aptasia. I think it was just a matter of the peps getting bigger and braver to leave their hiding place and hunt down the aptasia.
So they do eat them up.

bryan hurs

pepperminy shrimp worked for me but if that dosent get a needle and syringe and inject it with liquid calcium. it works in seconds and saves the damage you cause by chipping the rock. My lfs gave me the idea and as stated it works wonderfully!

reefforbrains

Already been answered, but I am a big fan of Joes, seems peps do eat it, but most cases only the new or emerging Aptasia, the larger or establised ones fight too much for the shrinp to get.

m0nk

I noticed a similar outbreak in my tank recently. Yesterday I bought a Peppermint Shrimp from my LFS and today the noticable Aiptasias are all gone. They weren't more than 1/2 inch diameter though, anything bigger than that will need other treatment. But Peppermints are great for keeping "outbreaks" under control from what I've read and seen.

1knight164

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Already been answered, but I am a big fan of Joes, seems peps do eat it, but most cases only the new or emerging Aptasia, the larger or establised ones fight too much for the shrinp to get.
Agree.