Site Changes, What Do You Think

dogstar

Well I know its only the first day but I will list what I dont like and what I do like about this new look.
What I dont like...
The small print
The blank page at top of threads
They removed the bio info. from next to ppls. name
Still get the guitar smilie insted of the proud one
What I do like...
Nothing so far
What do you all think the changes ?

Nobody likes change but my take on it is I'm getting a feeling on this site like it just went from Win98 to XP. I like everyone else don't see pic's but I think that will change. I think it's a good thing. :confused: :notsure: :happy:

lovethesea

Originally Posted by broncofish
yikes, uhh yup that sums it yup, yikes.

print too small.......just a smidge bigger

rubberduck

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Well I know its only the first day but I will list what I dont like and what I do like about this new look.
What I dont like...
The small print
The blank page at top of threads
They removed the bio info. from next to ppls. name
Still get the guitar smilie insted of the proud one
What I do like...
Nothing so far
What do you all think the changes ?
so much for being positive

jacknjill

id have to agree with dogstar. print is so tiny i practically hit my nose on the screen, i hate not being able to see peoples info without clicking on their name, and i cant see pics. i am REALLY hoping this will work itself out.

ophiura

A lot of these have already been brought to the attention of SWF, so let's give it time to work out. :joy:

malounsbury

Yah, looks like people that have custom tags are there, but the normal, non-editable ones are the defaults. I'm sure they'll get it fixed. Takes some time when you make an upgrade to a board system that you had modified to your own tastes.

annanymous

it seems more confusing at first, but ... :cheer: i'm getting used to it already. not vey diferent from the old one, just the looks, [and those can be decieving :yes: ]

dogstar

OK I figurd out how to post a pic and dont like the extra steps...Plus if I try to veiw the pic in my comp. befor I upload it to the site it kicks me of of MIExplorer. It has never done that befor. Anyone else.
This sucks. Two thumbs down. I am still waiting to see something someone does like about this..... :happy: :happy: :happy:

A

andretti

I don't like it...not one single bit. the samll font, and most of all, it's nice to see people's tanks, interstes, location etc, without having to go another page. But then again, we would probably complain if it was like this to begin with, and we went to the way it was. We'll get used to it. :D

mukiwa

WHOA!!!!
Wow... yeah I think it has a change like XP... Its CRAZY!! the print doesn't bother me because I can read it fine but they threads seem funny but I guess we will have to live with it..... :yes:

T

tizzo

Well, everybody listed what they don't like, so I will point out some things I DO like. :)
I like...
1. How the thread shrinks after we've viewed it.
2. The much more detailed search engine.
3. the little indicator that tells you which members are currently on-line, this way we don't hafta post when we are going to bed if were in the middle of a long thread with someone...
4. I like that our avatar is added to to the member list.
5. Much more user friendly "user CP"
6. When your curser simply hits the title of a thread, it displays the first part of what's written!! Love that!!
And this is coming from a person who really dislikes change!! So, I can think of 5 positives, and after they fix the sixe of the print, you guys will like it. I got the faith.
:happy: <<that was on purpose this time.

tankcrazy

Just not fun!! Harder to find things and search out! You all are right, I never thought my eyes were bad till the saltwater.com changes today. It was working, why change!!