Site Changes, What Do You Think

rossim

I have a copy of this bulletin board and have played around with the different setting on the admin side. Since this IS a salt water aqarium store, if any of the admins need any help getting different changes in place, feel free to email me.
This new version does offer a lot more features, some of which can actually create some cool functions down the road. It would be nice to see signatures brought back though. With more admins maybe there could be a stricter policy in place and bans for those that do abuse them (new ban features in this version as well).

bacffin

Does anyone know where the "subscribe to this thread" went? I really like that feature and I can't find it anywhere... :confused:
Thanks,
Bruce

ophiura

I'm telling you guys, patience is worth it!!!
Now the:
  • Search Thread
    Display Mode
Are activated!! :joy:
"Subscribe to thread" is located under the thread tools!
Also -
I still like pie, blackberry specifically (as the blackberries are dripping off the bushes in beautiful Texas now) :D

ophiura

Oh and I like the quick search feature from the forum page....option for just a quick thing or an advanced search!! :D

dskidmore

Can the quick search be made to not search on exact name? It has the same trouble as the advanced search, in that if I don't uncheck use exact name, it only pulls up threads I posted to before the upgrade.

malounsbury

Also, I'm not sure if anyone brought this up but the last visited still shows for me, 4-17-2005 at 10:58pm. I'm sure this is still in the process of being fixed, just wanted to bring it up.

salty cheese

I have noticed 2 issues. First it seems that any pics older than 2 weeks are deleted from the board, which IMO is a bad idea considering all the times a post that was a year old or more helped me.
Second, on the advanced search page the “search by user name” box/field will only allow 10 characters, so if you are looking for a post by a user that has a long nickname you are out of luck.

dskidmore

Originally Posted by Salty Cheese
Second, on the advanced search page the “search by user name” box/field will only allow 10 characters, so if you are looking for a post by a user that has a long nickname you are out of luck.
Uncheck Use Exact Name.

bacffin

Has SWF.com ever thought about making another sub directory/Message Board for water quality and testing issues?
Bruce

salty cheese

Originally Posted by DSkidmore
Uncheck Use Exact Name.
It still will not except a name with more than 10 characters.

dskidmore

Originally Posted by Salty Cheese
It still will not except a name with more than 10 characters.
Yeah, but it should turn up the correct posts if you type in only part of the name and uncheck use exact name.