Sixline Wrasse Poll

elitephoto

yeah not a bad deal at all
My goal was once I hit 100 credits I wouldnt submit anymore photos. So after this week I may not take and post up any new pics if all goes well

mx#28

Since my photo seems to be creating a bit of controversy, I suppose I should chime in.
Yes, the colors are a bit over the top on this one. My digital camera can be problematic once in a while by overexposing a few shots that then need a lot of brightness / contrast adjustment and a shift in the saturation to look the way they should. By the time I got this photo to the right levels, the colors were crazy. But I really liked it with the crazy colors and figured I’d need a homerun to get any votes from Elite’s infamous photo, anyway. So, I left it. And I agree, after taking another look, that it is brightly colored enough that it might be somewhat misleading.
However, I have been peeved by ‘Elitist’ Photo’s comments on my Anthias photo and Golden Headed Sleeper Goby photo, both of which are not tampered with other than the most basic level settings and are fine representations of the fish I photographed.

R

reefernana

Whatever you did or did not do MX, your picture is awesome. And, if they want new pictures to sell this species then this is the one that would do it for me! You got my vote!

elitephoto

Originally Posted by MX#28
Since my photo seems to be creating a bit of controversy, I suppose I should chime in.
Yes, the colors are a bit over the top on this one. My digital camera can be problematic once in a while by overexposing a few shots that then need a lot of brightness / contrast adjustment and a shift in the saturation to look the way they should. By the time I got this photo to the right levels, the colors were crazy. But I really liked it with the crazy colors and figured I’d need a homerun to get any votes from Elite’s infamous photo, anyway. So, I left it. And I agree, after taking another look, that it is brightly colored enough that it might be somewhat misleading.
However, I have been peeved by ‘Elitist’ Photo’s comments on my Anthias photo and Golden Headed Sleeper Goby photo, both of which are not tampered with other than the most basic level settings and are fine representations of the fish I photographed.
MX... Lets set the record straight real quick. I personally have nothing against you. Your photos are nice. I just think its misleading when you adjust the colors so that they are so dramatic. I would be very upset if I bought a fish thinking it would look that brightly colored and when it arrived it wasnt just that. If your photos colors were like the fish really is your shots would be great in my eyes. They look super cool colored the way they are, just very misleading is all.

bjoe23

IMHO, the 2 people (and SWF.com)who got the least votes, did absolutly nothing to their pic ( besides crop), and the people that did get alot of votes adjusted thier pic. hmmmm......

geckopsu

I'm staying out of these types of discussions. Just vote for the freakin' pic you think meets the criteria the best and have fun.

ophiura

Originally Posted by GeckoPSU
I'm staying out of these types of discussions. Just vote for the freakin' pic you think meets the criteria the best and have fun.

THANK YOU GeckoPSU!
That IS the spirit.

nygel

Originally Posted by GeckoPSU
Just vote for the freakin' pic you think meets the criteria the best and have fun.
best policy, if these polls didnt have comments it may have been better.

bschaible

Originally Posted by renogaw
bschaible (or whatever his login is) is probably going to be the biggest winner I'd bet

hahah thanks for the compliment, but ive actually only one thus far!!

bjoe23

Originally Posted by tuccio77
Actual pic...

Same pic, just my ELITE photo touch...

were u insulting him, or complenting

geckopsu

Originally Posted by ElitePhoto
congrats gecko. truely a great pic.
Thanks man. It was a close one. Your pic is very nice too. Keep up the great work.