sixpac nano update

plum70rt

well every few weeks Ill update, here is how it looks, all 6 clownfish still happy, new piece of trumpet, polups now growing on back of tank, this setup has made in into local Aquarium clubs Newsletter

searcher

Looks great plum. Just curious have the clowns worked out there social structure? Is there a female yet and a breeding male?

T

tygerfifteen

plum in the last pic is that bubble algae or bubble calupera?
wanteed to know thatnkx

plum70rt

yes bubble calerpa, grows like crazy,I take some out now and then and give it to the tangs, 262 gallon is fine, no real changes everything a little bigger, those trumpets were found in the live rock bin at a LFS, so I grabbed them, just put them in, lets see how they do:)

plum70rt

also yes there is a structure in the clown family, 2 seem to be a pair, when i figure it out, and some grow, I will move them to the 262 gallon, for now they all get along, :)

overanalyzer

Hey Plum - saw the starfish arm .... how's a star working out in that small of a tank ... would like one for my 20 but still not too sure on it .....
Looking good!!

plum70rt

thanks all,this tanks gets alot of my attention, not a beginner tank,there is alot of life in a smal area, clowns will go to my big tank soon, not to worry,
I feel the heat already:D

overanalyzer

Originally posted by overanalyzer
Hey Plum - saw the starfish arm .... how's a star working out in that small of a tank ... would like one for my 20 but still not too sure on it .....
Looking good!!

I know you are a retiree and all so I won't ask if my question slipped your mind ...... :D
The nano forum is too small to have flames!

plum70rt

OA, sorry, yes that green serpent star is fine, :) he does a great cleanup job, the only loss I had is a clam got knocked over, and my crab took a taste and then ate it all, I released him back to the ocean, fat and happy, :(

jugger

what kind of light do you have over the clam???? just wondering because i would like to get a small 2" clam from my 20g but not sure if 130watts PC will be enough?
BTW tank looks great....and i always love seeing pics of your 262..... that thing is AWSOME