sixpac nano update

justinx

Originally posted by overanalyzer
hmmm ok so what about a small serpent or brittle in a 20?? too small of a tank?

Hate to barge in, but I have a serpent star in my 20 and he loves it there. I have to fight the hermits to feed him, but he has finally learned to protect his food. He has been in there for about a year and doing fine. Just make sure that he has a rock or hole to go into.
Justin

overanalyzer

Originally posted by JustinX
Hate to barge in, but I have a serpent star in my 20 and he loves it there. I have to fight the hermits to feed him, but he has finally learned to protect his food. He has been in there for about a year and doing fine. Just make sure that he has a rock or hole to go into.
Justin

Rock on Justin!! Thanks for hte good info ... Think I am going to get a really small one for hte 20 - plenty of hiding holes for him!

jugger

Originally posted by overanalyzer
Hey Jugger - you would need to feed your tank with DT's or some other Phytoplankton with a clam that small!

what is a better size???

overanalyzer

check out the COTW thread in the reef section. It has the specifics ... was thinking of one for my 20 but don't wantto dose heavy Dt's due to water quality ....

plum70rt

thanks all ,72 watts pc on a 7 gallon , clam does well. I dose mega dts, I can see shell growth already:)

justinx

Originally posted by plum70rt
thanks all ,72 watts pc on a 7 gallon , clam does well. I dose mega dts, I can see shell growth already:)

Just out of curiosity . . . could you define "mega dose" I had a maxima in my 20 for about a year, and I too dosed DT's an awful lot. However I could not win the battle with the hair algae so the clam got the boot. I would rather have an algae free tank than a maxima, even though the thing was gorgeous.
Justin

plum70rt

about 20ml every other day, my tank is clear, algae free,
I do 1 gallon water change once a week, also I dose at nite skimmer is off, when lights are on skimmer is on

justinx

Yet another question . . . totally unrelated to thie thread, but I saw that you have an alveopora in your bowfront. Got any tips/suggestions/comments on it? I got one today from the damaged coral bin for 12 bucks and am concerned about its placement in my tank.
Justin