Skimmer recommendations...

richamc01

i have a 55 gallon tank that I will soon be converting into a saltwater tank and i was curious about a couple different skimmers. I want the skimmer in-sump.
Ive been looking at the Aqua C EV120 and the Urchin Pro from Aqua C......anyone recommend these to a beginner?

snakeblitz33

SC aquariums makes a cone skimmer that is pretty amazing. Small footprint too. It's called an SC65 - I have it on my system and it is working very well. Takes about five days to collect a lot of dark skimmate. I believe it's $80 with free shipping still... Best bang for the buck.

richamc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/391436/skimmer-recommendations#post_3471360
SC aquariums makes a cone skimmer that is pretty amazing. Small footprint too. It's called an SC65 - I have it on my system and it is working very well. Takes about five days to collect a lot of dark skimmate. I believe it's $80 with free shipping still... Best bang for the buck.
nice! Ill definitely look into that one. Im looking for something relatively small which is why i was looking at the Aqua C Urchin Pro. But at $80 bucks shipped i could get a skimmer sooner than I thought!

richamc01

I think Seth may have totally changed my mind. Ive been looking at the one the he recommended and I think I may go with the sc150. I would rather have the bigger skimmer since my sump will eventually be an additional 20 gallons to my 55 gallon setup. Every review that i have read of the sc150 has been awesome and no one has had anything bad to say about it. for $120 thats hard to beat. Thanks everyone!

thenewguy dd

how easy are they to clean?... i just ordered a reef octopus bh1000 and im currently waiting on that to come in ... i paid $190 for it. .... are the reef octopus skimmers as great as they say?

rickross23

seems too good to be true... im waithing for my red c-skim 1800...i ordered it 2 weeks ago and its on back order and its expected in on next wednesday i wont have for like 2 weeks at least! woe is me! :(

rickross23

dont think i can....i ordered a mag drive and test kit with it and that already shipped to e...can i still cancel?