skipperdz's 55g tank picture diary

skipperdz

well finally have the time to sit down and start my very own picture diary of my new 55g tank. its been up now almost 2 weeks for cycling. my canopy is on order and should be in so i can stain to match my stand shortly. gonna have 2 48 inch vhos. have 45 lbs of lr 40 lbs ls and 2 maxijet 1200 power heads running...got some good flow goin on in there

yea yea i know patience is key, lol but my nitrate levels better get there A$$es down now! checked ammonia and thats all gone thanks to my bacteria additive.
more to come when i add my fellows in the 12g nano into it

crt81

What brand tank is that? what's its dimensons? What types of fish and corals are you goimg to put in there?

I am currently looking into buying a 55 or 64 gal tamk and I am trying to collect as much info as possible!!!!

skipperdz

not sure of the brand...bought it in the classified section on this site. 48in x 12 in x 20 in.
fish wise so far i want a 2nd maroon, fireangel, yellow watchman, 6line wrasse, firefish. if i do corals im gonna do softies since ill have vhos for lighting

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by skipperdz
sorry did i type trates i meant trites are high
its k, how high r they tho? ive always used stress coat when my levels wer high, knocks down ammonia and trites

skipperdz

it looked like 1.6mg/l but it could be as high as 3.3 the colors are to close to tell but its in between there

skipperdz

just gota diamond goby, that i added to the tank...if he ever shows himself ill get a picture of him too

prevwon

Looks like I need to get some more sand for my 55gal...you said you have 40lbs of LS in there, it doesn't look like you have any...tank looks good though!

skipperdz

thanks i bought it with the tank from classified section...but i added trim and stained it as well as finishing the canopy that i bought unfinished.
well at the time there was only 20lbs there is now 40lbs and it looks much more full

skipperdz

mostly 3 inches...some areas 2in. my maroon clown moves some around so i have little hills on top of that

skipperdz

those are the most recent...goin for my potters angel this weekend after my water test. and does anyone know if blenny's can be in with goby's?

skipperdz

what i have in the tank right now:
40-50 lbs live rock
40 lbs live sand
1 CBS
1 LTA
1 Maroon clown
1 Diamond goby...somewhere
2 Emerald crabs
4 Scarlet hermits
1 Blue hermit
3 peppermint shirmp