small white worms.... too big to be bristle worms...what do i do?

bethany

For the last week I have noticed some fuzzy white stuff on the glass. When I took a better look I saw that they were moving. They are microscopic white worms. They are about 1/2 a cent. long. Does anyone know what they are and what I should do about them? They are mainly concentrated in one area where the water hits the front glass but they seem to be growing in population! HELP!!!

serpentine5

I had something like this too, turned out to be snail larva, or eggs, or whatever. they were eaten very soon there after. Do you have fish?

bethany

Yes I have a tomato clown, a yellow wrasse and a blue and black stripped gobie with a bunch of snails and crabs. They are not spiral or hard. They look like miniature magets but really thin. they make my glass look dirty...

saltyj

I have a freshwater tank that had this same problem for about six months. We did constant water changes only to discover through trial and error that the large piece of driftwood that was a decoration was some how causing these worm infestations. I am sure you don't have any driftwood in your SW tank but I am just giving you my 2 cents.