Smattachoo...

T

tizzo

I just learned how to IM from my son... I'm all confused, then I get this message.
It's now my favorite word...
Smatta me... Smatta HIM??

bill109

Originally Posted by Tizzo
I just learned how to IM from my son... I'm all confused, then I get this message.
It's now my favorite word...
Smatta me... Smatta HIM??

T

tizzo

It's not an IM thing, it's a word we use around here... I just never seen it "written out" before...
Smattachoo...
It means, What's the matter with you?
Smattachoo.
Smatta me? = what's the matter with me?

anubisxero

I can say I read this to myself, and had a chuckle. Then I re-read it, but this time to my wife and we had a good chuckle reading it out loud. It makes it even funnier. She says, "Funny, Don Vito"
I say

lovethesea

or lordy.......just wait. There is a TON of "nonsense" on IM. I can hardly make out what my daughter writes. Wat rudon? ntm (not too much)
She is not here right now, but I could lay a ton of this stuff on ya.
POS.....parent over shoulder

It's not for the faint of heart or ADD type personality. She can talk to about 6 people at once. Constant noise from the convo's. I don't think I could do it. ***)

T

tizzo

That's why I never got it before... I don't like the thought of all kinda of people being able to talk to me whenever they want. But, I bit the bullet and got it... So far it's fun, but other than my son I only have one single friend... Wow...that's kinda depressing huh? Well, careful what you wish for.

renogaw

that IM talk commercial is getting old, but its seriously a bad thing that the youth of the nation are starting to do. they IM people so much that they are creating their own language LOL

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by renogaw
that IM talk commercial is getting old, but its seriously a bad thing that the youth of the nation are starting to do. they IM people so much that they are creating their own language LOL
well its not really IM, its the internet itself, we all use the basic internet lingo, lol, btw, pix? basic abbreviations

reckler

the bad thing is that this new second language our children are coming up with is to hide things from their parents. sexual preditors learn this to talk to them. I am against most live chat rooms for this reason. that is why I started doing internet security and stoping it.
BTW there is one site out there that is notorious for this and that is yahoo. so be warned parents. it is hard to catch everyone, so learn the language.

maxalmon

Ok, I'm way behind the times and this may sound really stupid, but up untill about 3 weeks ago, I had no idea when somebody said "whats the 411" I had no idea that 411 meant "info"

anubisxero

i'm sorry i've IM'd since i can remember, but i've never been into that anagram crap and shortening words and whatnot. It actually drives me crazy when people do that. I mean. There's a couple that I find useful, but the way kids IM and talk online nowadays is rediculous. I honestly think it makes them dumber. If someone talks to me with the idk wat rudon POS kind of crap...it goes 1..2..3..block. haha. I'm intolerant.

imurnamine

I've had Instant Messaging since I was 11 or 12. I've never gotten myself into trouble.
It's the dumb parents who don't teach their kids stuff that need to be blamed.

maxalmon

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
I've had Instant Messaging since I was 11 or 12. I've never gotten myself into trouble.
It's the dumb parents who don't teach their kids stuff that need to be blamed.
***)

jacknjill

Id say im pretty talented when i can handle 10 IMs at once. But all the abbreviations, i have nothing to do with them. Neither do my friends. Mostly people that use them are younger children that have just really started to become interested in the internet. Id say once you get towards the end of middle school and definately once youre in highschool, people do away with that. As for the people that still do....well, i dont talk to them. Drives me insane

wattsupdoc

Our last foster daughter would use those all the time in her conversation. Not nearly like in the commercial, but still like.
OMG my BFF is leaving but she said she'll BRB. Its annoying and they do do it to sneak things from us.
And it's not really parents not teaching their kids things. It's more poor relationships between parents and their children.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
Abbreviations are to hide?
I use them cause I'm lazy!
ZOMGWTFBBQ!

this is all a forien language to me ive never im'd