Snail babies?

megadon

I can see little snails hitchhiking on the bigger turbos during the day and and night I see them on the glass? Anyone ever see it before?

legion

Hey what are those anyway? And they may just be small. I have a breed of tiny snails in my tank, they just dont get that big, about 1/8" or less.

countrygal

:jumping:
:cheer:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! thank goodness someone else has them. I have counted at least 5 on my tank wall's. I use a magnifying glass to get an up close view of them, and yes they sure look like baby snails.
thank you, now I know I am just not seeing things.....
cool

megadon

Yea, that looks like what is riding my snails. Do I need to worry about them and get rid of them? What is the fix?

megadon

How do you know if they are good baby Cerinths? I can see them clinging to the turbos during the day and on the glass at night. They are all white.

bang guy

Cerith snails will not cling to an Astrea Snail. They will eventually kill your snails if you don't get rid of them.
I would only get rid of the snails on the Astreas. You may have both, baby Cerith and Pyramidillidae Snails. Baby Ceriths should come out at night & eat off the Glass.

megadon

Thanks Bang, So how do I get rid of the Pyramids? Do I have to pick them off 1 by one from each snail?

pacopetty

Kip or Bang Guy, I have the little snails that look like a tooth with two roots attached. Thats the best way I know to describe them . They are tiny, shell less, and all over the glass of my tank before the lights come on, from all I have read on the boards this is a good thing.
Am I right?

nicky1.8t

i have pyrimid snails to i have been pulling them out every other day some hide in the rocks and come out ant night but they are pyrimid snails. i have read the a sixline wrasse will eat them im going to try one. the only thing the snails come out at night and the six line doesnt.

countrygal

:confused:
Now I am getting really confused.....The baby things........ that I have are out most of the time and on the glass. When I look very close at them they appear to really look like baby snails. Some are a light brown in color and some are white. They really don't look like the flat worm at all. I have never seen any of them on my turbo snails nor seen any eggs. :help:
SO VERY CONFUSED NOW.

legion

my snails look just like smaller version of mexican turbo(very similar w/no door on the shell. Come in white and tone tone white/brown. Soft tissue is just like turbo also.