Snow Day!!

nflnutswif

I'mmmm Innnnn Hoooouuusttttton, It's 55 and dropping!
LOL were wussies! Shorts and T-shirts 24-7
No snow here, unless it comes out of a can!
merry Hoho Ya'll:santa:

alison

We're expecting snow here in our part of Washington state sometime this weekend. We don't usually get much, but occasionally we get around a foot. But usually we get only a few inches about once a month. The other side of the state, now that's another story, they usually get a few feet all winter. Living near the puget sound keeps us a lot warmer, and milder, and wetter. Got my studs on my jeep today, and expectin it to come around sunday, gettin excited for it to come. We got snow on christmas for the first time in YEARS last year, and hopefully again this year. ~Ali

claire_r

Saltymom,
Thanks for the recipe! I haven't had snow ice cream since I was a kid. That sure brings back memories!
We've been getting sleet for the last few hours. It gets pretty weird, listening to it hitting the windows. They keep saying we'll get several more inches of snow overnight. I just hope people stay smart and keep off the roads as much as possible. LOL
Anyway, it sure is a pretty Christmas vacation1
claire

C

capschamp

is all that snow across northern indiana? i have to drive to toledo over i80/i90 from chicago and it took 7 hours over thanksgiving from the last da_n snowstorm. that trip takes 3.5 hours in normal weather!

saltymom

yeap..all snow.. farther South near Louisville KY its ice.sleet.snow...changing over to all snow later tonight.
We have a snow emergency declared in the city. Not allowed to be on the road tonight unless you have to be. Its near blizzard conditions with visibility less than 1/4mile.
Im alot farther south than Chicago..I dont know for sure whats going on up that way..hopefully sumone can say! LOL

7.3stroker

omg I WISH! its 17 degrees!
We are buried under about 23 inches of snow here on my little country farm out in the sticks... and its drifting...its still comming down right now...the map looks like its about to pass..but the forecast still calls for another 6 err so thru tomorrow..
I have NEVER seen this much snow... ever! Its a good six inches up on the doors..ya cant even open em up now! my neighbors camaro..is almost totally buried in snow! lmao..
my brother is helping with removing snow ..from the city..he says he has NEVER moved so much snow put together in all the years hes been doing it as he is tonight..wow..
I feel like Im in that movie . its so cold, I fear Im going to have to burn the house to stay warm!

nflnutswif

Ya know I was joshin with everyone about our Houston chilly weather but has anyone seen the forcast for US on Christmas Eve and Day?? SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont have any long underwear!:eek:

blueberryboomer

We have a blizzard here in my part of the world. Woke up to at least 8 in, and its still comming down. The weather says its going to stop buy 6pm, then start again around 11 for another 8-12 inchs. I sure am glad my hubby asked me to go to the store for the rest of Christmas Dinner yesterday, there is no way I'm leaving my house today.
My dogs are loving it though, we had a hard time getting them to come in.
The only thing good about it is the white Christmas! Lisa

larrynews

19 inches and the sun has finaly come out..now for the cold friday night they are saying -15 degrees...buuuuurrrrrrrrrr

claire_r

Here they're saying anywhere from 0 to -12!! Santa's gonna freeze his (insert name of body part) off! I would too if I had any.:D

jacknjill

the other day i had to stand at the bus stop for 15 minutes at 6:20 AM in -5 degree weather. bad way to start off the morning. its not snowing here yet. but, we are supposed to get snow on christmas day!!!!! if we get even a few inches the school system panics and cancels school for days. lol.

brit0211

I'm in Richmond-
Our city is basically shut down.
The snow is waist high on me and i'm 5'6.
I have 3 outdoor cats that stay in the garage. Well, one of my cats, Harvey, was no where to be found this morning.
He likes to stay under the cars and this morning you couldnt even SEE the cars because of drifting snow, so I started to panic and started shoveling and shoveling to see if he was trapped under the car or the porch or one of his "cat houses" Well, the last place I looked had snow that drifted which was as tall as my head. I dug until I saw the hole opening of his house, and he stuck his little head out. He didnt seem to cold, but he was glad to be out of there. I brought him inside for a while to get him warm and now all of my cats are out playing in this snow...
Definitely scared me though.

saltymom

I know Brit! the snow is AWEFUL here.. 23 inches of snow..and 9 foot drifts.. Heres is the neighbors camaro..my husband was talking about a few posts back last night...
This is where they parked it before the snow came! LOL

saltymom

BLueBerry..youre yard looks beautiful with the snow on! Is the wind making your blow ups fall over or the snow? ...Should u bring em in before they tear?
007...how are u making out in your neck of the woods! ? !

blueberryboomer

Saltymom, Thanks, my blowups have been through the mill and back, this is the third year I have used them. The snow has them over right now, I have not braved the outside yet to right them. They will be ok, I usually need to pick the up and right them a couple times a week, it doesn't take much to blow them over. I have those dang things tied down so well I thought a tornado could blow through and they would be still standing, NOT! I think this will be the last year I use them. I have 5 in all, Santa, tree, grinch, snowman, and homer simpson dressed like santa, I call him the drunk homer, his head flops from side to side all the time, he looks drunk.
Lisa

jenn-e

OHhh I'm wishing for a white christmas. I love all that snow. And i would love to make some snow creme, thanks for the recipie, ive tried a few times with no recipie and i can't get it right. I know i'll be making that when ever we do get some snow. My dog loves the snow as much as me, she goes crazy when i let her out in it. I can't wait.:jumping: