So - Got my butt kicked today...

el guapo

I'm going to go against the grain on this and say the best thing you can do if your looking to loose weight and get in shape is to get a personal trainer . They are there to help you with every aspect of your training . It's best to have somebody there that can answer questions , motivate , monitor . Going and slamming weights around for an hour/s is dangerous and your just asking to injure your self . A solid routine should involve kinetic stretching to loosen the muscles up ,resistance to strengthen the muscles , cardio to make sure that the proper nutrients are moving to the muscles as well as that toxins are being taken away , And a cool down phase that involves slowing yourself down internally and stretching more . That's one thing I always see people do . They will crank out a bunch of reps and get "pumped" then they walk around with their muscles balled up constricting blood flow . Take time to stretch them out again so the blood gets back in there and feeds them .

locoyo386

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3071839
negative ghost rider.
A lot of people have no idea what they are doing when it comes to weight loss and training. A personal trainer can show a person new ways to get in shape and have fun.
BTW you dont need the gym to lose weight. All you need to do is eat correctly. Hell I eat 6000 calories a day and Im far from fat. Am I a 7% body fat lean machine? No.
You can diet correctly lose all the weight in the world you want. OP good luck and
This is me. Current picture.

you look great by the way.

hlcroghan

I feel you on the football practice, man. I was a competitive swimmer from 11 to 18 when I graduated. I went to state in WA for long distance freestyle, 500 meter race. We used to spend and hour and a half on the land and then jump in the pool for another couple hours for a nice 20-30,000 meters...

I would literally crawl from my bed to the shower in the morning when the season started because I hurt so much.
I wish that I knew then what I know now about food. I could have had a hell of a body back then...lol. I was eating way way too many carbs thinking that was what I needed rather than protein which would have done me a better service.
I think my senior year in my weight lifting class, I could bench 180 and my squat was about 300. I scared most of the guys in the my class.....lol. I am not even that big honestly. I work out completely for my health now though and to make myself look better rather than strength and cardio.
My heart rate and blood pressure is still so low that the doctor always asks me if I am about to pass out though....

yearofthenick

You're right about the cardio coming as an effect to resistance training. That's one thing the guy said - that if you keep your heart rate up while doing resistance training, that's the best kind of workout... best of both worlds.

deejeff442

funny to me your trainer said almost the same thing i posted .
thats theguy that will help you more than the crazy hitler types.
low fat meal before sleep will feed your muscles .your body does almost all of its healing while asleep.so torn down muscle needs the nutrition at bed time.