So How many Diff. Animals do you have?

michelle l

5 cats...Armani, Eddie, Pumpkin, Peggy, and Noel
1 fawn Great Dane...Neo
125 gal. tank.
And I love them all as if they were my kids!!

nemo lover

1-minpin "AJ"
1-mangrove monitor "slasher"
1-parrot
2-childlike animals "Kayla and Chloe"
1-nano with "princess" the cleaner shrimp
used to have a eight foot columbian red tail boa, a camelion, a savanna monitor, a parakeet, a small turtle, and felix the cat.
I never intended to have a zoo for a house, my husband would just keep bring them home :mad: Finally I convinced him it was to much.
The cat was always eyeing the fish and birds, the dog was always chasing the cat and eyeing the bird, the boa was eyeing the dog and cat.
I gave the snake and cat to realatives, monitor and turtle went to a pet store, sold camelion, and poor parkeet r.i.p.

sweetpup

:happy: i currently own
chocolate doberman - Deos
Golden retriever - Sampson
2 Chihauhaus - sweet pea and mee mee
a blk and wht kitten- tay tay
bay quarter horse stud
palomino gelding
bay tennesse walker mare
sorrell thoroughbred gelding
senegal parrot - senny
2 parrolets - kiwi and pee wee
3 leopard geckos
diamondback terrapin
baby albino burmese
dumerils boa
mellers chameleon
sulcatta tortoise
savannah monitor
yellow bellied slider
hermit crabs
ferret
baby sugar glider
.... and thats a wrap

pitbull01

pit bull-Annie
black lab/rottweiler mix-Lucy
shih-tzu/maltese mix-Bailee
5 cats-Oscar,Joey,Stella,Ruthie,Jasmine,
55 gallon saltwater tank
Thats all of my pets.

1968oldsma

2 Hamsters Gizmo,and pauly
2 Fancy Female Rats Molly,and Lucy
1 Akita Kuma
1 english Springer Spaniel, Loki
1 White Faced Blue LoveBird, Sammy
1 55 Gallon Salt Tank
1 20Gallon Freshwater
2 10 Gallon's 1 Planted with Baby Guppy's and Platies and 1 with just Platies
1 5.5 Gallon Hex with Guppy's
1 Snapping Turtle (bud)

M

minitruck

I have:
a 10 foot albino burmese python named baby
A 12 foot regular burmese python that doesnt have a name
A male sulcatta tortise thats about 6 inches across and is named "Tortie"
More salt water tanks than I want to admit to
A 2 year old 6 pound chihuawawa that rules the house- Buddy
A 120 pound rott/pitt bull-Ranger

nemo lover

wow- I am very pleased to see we all share love for animals. sweet pup do you have pics of your horses? they sound beautiful. My daughter rides shes five, she just started jumping. haha(scared).
any of you guys have mangrove monitors? or are familiar with their diets?

sweetpup

My boyfriend works at a Pet store, so we get discounts on animal supplies.. i send a lil "pet supplies" list to work with him just about every day. i had a crap load of pictures of my animals on my old computer, but it recently crashed and i havent hooked up the webcam to this one yet. i will try to get around to it and will gladly post pictures... 3 of the horses are broke - except the stud. He is my baby though.. :yes:

oaktree

My monitor book says Mangroves will eat anything that moves but should be fed rodents chicks cooked lean meat crabs or commercial monitor food I don't have a mangrove but my Savanna will eat anything I have fed him chicks fish rats canned dog food and dry dog food and pieces of leftover steak and hamburger I just try not to give him alot of any one thing when he was lil I fed him mostly dusted crickets pinkies and anole lizards he is four years old now and has run of my bedroom unless I have "Company"
I soak him in warm water for about a hour twice a week this is when he defecates and I have to change the water I know he is a desert lizard but he loves his bathes he will actually climb in his tub when it's time :D

sweetpup

Originally Posted by Oaktree
I soak him in warm water for about a hour twice a week this is when he defecates and I have to change the water I know he is a desert lizard but he loves his bathes he will actually climb in his tub when it's time :D

Mine gets upset when soak time is over too.... he loves to soak... hehe

oaktree

Yeah slurpee gets in and just lets his legs out and chills but he really gets excited when he sees that brown paper bag with dinner in it :yes:

nemo lover

Sorry everone for going off subject. If you want me to open a new thread just say so I will :D
ok we haven't had ours for too long about four months. We give him baths also he loves it. he was rasied in captivity. My husband got him from a lfs where his prior owner sold him back.Right now he eats mostly mice. He is quite big I would say over a his body is over or about nine inches and his tail is pretty long. I was browsing the net, and a couple websites said in the wild they eat eggs, fish, squid, rodents, small birds, and insects. Now what I would like to do is keep this guy healthy,and try to give a variety of food and make sure he stays in good health and lives a long happy life. What kind of dog food do you feed them? what kind of fish do you feed them are they alive? Do you just put them in a bowl or something? And how do you give yours vitamins? Also where do you find chicks?

sweetpup

You should only feed them a small amount of a high quality dog food, to add wieght to a sick monitor or just as an occasional treat. Mine loves crickets.. he also eat mealworms, wax worms and mice.I dust the insects with Flukers vitamins, and a 2:1 phosphorus ratio calcium. I havent tried feeding him too many other things. Mine was given to me almost dead by someone who didnt know how to take care of it properly. it develeoped rickets in all of his legs, wich is from a calcium defeciency. he also did not have UV and little, to no heat. He was limp and wouldent eat.. you know sometin is wrong with a monitor that wont eat.. He's been eating like crazy, and he can somewhat use his feet..

oaktree

I don't mind these questions on this post I feed slurpee boiled eggs shell and all he loves them I put his vitamins in the egg he never knows at first I broke the eggs in half
now he doesn't give me a chance :yes: and I fed him goldfish and frogs from my dads pond when he was lil now when I go frog gigging I will bring him one home I did dust his food when he was lil but my vet said as long as he gets a varied diet with bones and or eggshell his calcium levels should be fine ( I hate to hear about monitors with owners who cannot care for them at least he has a good home now :yes: ) I feed everything I can alive no real reason I just think he needs to be able to catch his food just my opinion though I do knock the rats out on something hard so they don't bite him everywhere though he usually grabs them by the mouth I get baby chicks from the local feed store I can watch him eat everthing but those chicks I just feed them and leave (I raised chicks when I was in school) He has a cage outside so he gets all the sun he needs and he has full run of my bedroom when he is inside and he knows just where the sun shines through the window he also has a UV lamp by his heatrock he stays by both most of the winter time Anyways I know I kinda drug it out and sweetpup pretty much explained it I am a man and must say my two cents
and I remember him being nine inches long take pics he won't be that way for long

nemo lover

I have some pics already posted on this site, but it is him during feeding time. :D Thanks for the help. Going to try some new food I'll keep you posted on how it goes.