so, i got a JBJ 28 w/hqi, pc, led's, and a chiller...

renogaw

Now what...i'm looking at this used piece of equipment and wondering what the heck i got into.
oh, yea, hi everyone. i'm downgrading my 90 to this tank. been a while, haven't really been all that into my fish tank but don't want to get out completely.
i've got a chiller, a remora HOB skimmer, a wave timer, and i'll be putting live rock, corals, and my smaller fish into the tank. i'll have to find a new home for the kole unfortunately.
guess i should go snap some pics...

speg

Wow..that's actually quite the setup...not much you couldn't do with that.
I would personally go sps only...but that's just me.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3291404
Wow..that's actually quite the setup...not much you couldn't do with that.
I would personally go sps only...but that's just me.
my 90 just had a massive sps die off, so i'm nervous about putting the money back in on sps. (i think it's cause i stopped dosing vodka...). i'm moving most of my softies in and will see if i have enough room for sps, since i do have a few left.
flower, i've got pics, just need to figure out this new bulliten board to post them.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3291473
Yeah, sounds like a steal. You'll like that remora.
if i can figure out where to put it... so far the only place it fits is inside the filtration area, with the intake pump to the side of it. is this where it's supposed to go?

renogaw

i dunno, i used my water, sand, and rock from the old tank. but, i'm playing it safe, i just need to find my ammonia test kit and hope it hasn't expired in the past 3 years since needing it

renogaw

no ammonia yet, big old dollop of frozen chum put in sitting there...going to test nitrates tonight
update on setup: i've got some rock and i finally figured out how to get the skimmer in...now i gotta set up the chiller and i have nothing to do so with...gotta find some part i guess that hangs over the tank.
what i'd love is some way to hook up a sump to this thing, but i can't figure out how to get an overflow or baffles into it

renogaw

not that i've seen, and i tested trates yesterday. maybe from transfering from the tank, but still no ammonia.

spanko

I use let me google that for you when I know that I am gonna point someone to a site not allowed here. Did not mean any offense by it and I knew the thread I wanted to get. Don't know if a regular google search would have turned that up.