So Mad!!!

ross

Thanks Tizzo,daniel, reef, splashed, and birdy...u guys are rele helping me alot.
reef...i know exactly what your saying, and i do agree w/ you. I honestly think her parents are being a little too strict about this. As birdy says, you have to balance it. They don't even let us be alone together....anywhere! for example....i wanted to take her fishing, but her parents wouldn't let her b/c my dad wasn't going to be there. I understand they dont' want us to be alone together under some circumstances, but sometimes it seems kinda dumb. Do any of you adults understand where i am coming from at all?
PS Birdy, aren't one or your twins a boy? If so i bet he will definetly be taking care of sis.

birdy

Honestly I agree with her parents, 14 is just too young to be spending time alone with a boy, why couldn't some friend come along fishing, exactly why do you need to be alone? Can you watch a movie at each others house as long as there is a parent there? I am not saying that you plan on letting things go to far, but when you are in the moment you can both end up in a place you never ment to go and once you go there you cannot go back. I have only been married 5yrs (and I am only in my mid 20's so I am not too old, lol) and I totally remember what it is like when you are alone at last and things can get very heated pretty quickly. I bet if all of those girls who get pregnant at 14 and 15 wish their parents had been much stricter. I know it is so hard when you have feelings for someone, but at her age you are going to have to respect her parents wishes and things will go much better for you.
And yes one of my twins is a boy and yes he better watch out for his "big" sister (she is one minute older). But my husband is 6ft 250lbs (and a bouncer at a bar on the weekends), so any guy sniffing around my daughter is going to have a hard time lol!

meow

Here's my beliefs...
I definitely think that it is the parent's responsibility to show their child right from wrong. All that a parent can do is tell their kids the downsides of having ---, doing drugs, drinking, etc. NO PARENT, no matter how GOOD of a parent they think they are, can stop their kids from doing what they want. They can ground them, they can tell them that they can only see their boyfriends once a week, under their supervision, they can give their kid a cell phone and make them call them every 30 minutes... but they will NEVER stop them from having ---,doing drugs, drinking.. by GROUNDING them or taking away their car/bike/tv/computer.. whatever. That just doesn't work. That only pisses the kid off and gives him more of a reason to do it again.
Children aren't dogs, they don't associate something they did wrong with a smack on the nose.
Children push the limits, and they always have and always will. As long as you inform your kid that you shouldn't have --- til you're older, you shouldn't do drugs because it KILLS you, and you shouldn't drink because you put yourself and others around you in danger, then you're doing all that you can do. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't punish your kid if he does something wrong, I'm just saying that grounding is not the answer.
Hell, make the kid do some community service for christ's sake.. make him volunteer at a nursing home or something. Stick him out in the real world and make him LEARN from experiences. Now THAT'S a punishment.

cptn howdy

that just brought back memories. everytime i would get suspended from school, my mom just sent me to do community service with all the other screw ups.
but it was cool cause i had plenty of chewing tobacco. plus i slave worked for the arboredum of the university so i learned a lot about growing plants.

ross

I haven't talked to them yet. I will tomorow night, at her basketball game. I'm not sure exactly what to say yet. I want to tell them i am very sorry, and i take full responsibilty b/c i am older and i am the guy. We'll see what happens. I will let you guys know for sure.

ross

Ok, i talked to her parents. I said "I want to apoligize for what happended. We both knew the rule, and we broke it anyway. I promise it won't happen again. Its like the sermon sunday, you learn from your mistakes, and i think we have definetly learned from this." something like that, not exact
Her dad was like "yeah, i understand. Its just a guy thing. We don't have the guns pointed at you yet."
Her mom was like "yeah, were all human and we make mistakes. I will get over it"
So anyway i guess it will all work out. I definetly feel better now!

T

tizzo

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
At least they were rational with this.

cptn howdy

Originally posted by Ross
So anyway i guess it will all work out. I definetly feel better now!

no it won't. you'll get caught again and have to conjur up a better excuse. i respect your willingness to cooperate but yer only human dude.

ross

Originally posted by Cptn Howdy
no it won't. you'll get caught again and have to conjur up a better excuse. i respect your willingness to cooperate but yer only human dude.

wow, you have a very positive outlook on things.:rolleyes:

T

tizzo

Don't pay any attention to him Ross, He's just down because of his post count. You did good!!

cptn howdy

well i'm sorry for comin off negative but i honestly think that they're in the wrong for the position that they're taking. hell, you even came up respectful again and LOOK at the pompus replies they both gave you man!
in my opinion, as long as you remain true to God, love that girl, and show her the utmost respect then they're "rules" can go pound sand! kissing somebody is a simple sign of affection. it's ludacris for them to treat you 2 like that and i honestly think one day yer gonna have enough of it. hence my "positive" prediction.

ross

Thanks Tizzo! :)
cpnt howdy, i know what ur saying, but i have to respect her parents. and yes, one day i will have enough of it. i don't know when tho, i'm pretty patient. we'll just have to see what happens....her parents will come around.

cptn howdy

Originally posted by Ross
cpnt howdy, i know what ur saying, but i have to respect her parents.

i know whatcha mean. and respect should always be given. but it's just not comin back to you at all and i really think you deserve it.

ross

glad ya know what i mean. i'm pretty sure her parents will relax w/ all the rules. thats why i'm stickin w/ it.

birdy

Ross- you are exactly right, the longer you show her and her parents respect, the more relaxed they will get. When you show someone you can be trusted then you will be rewarded with more responsiblity. She is just very young and her parents are trying to keep control of the situation, she is probably their oldest daughter also, so they have to be broken in on the whole dating thing (I was the second of 4 girls so I know what the oldest daughter has to go through).
I like your attitude! I would let you date my daughter if she was old enough.

ross

Thanks birdy, glad to know i have a little respect around here. And yes your right, she is their oldest daughter.

ross

well, things have gotten worse. I honestly thought they would get better, i mean after i apoligized and everything, i thought that they would just have to respect me a little more. I guess i was wrong. Yesterday we talked on the phone for like 3 or 4 hours. She is home by herself all day, and i was just home w/ my brother and mom. We were both bored, so we talked for a long time. My mom left and came back and was like 'Your still on the phone" "hahaha wow you guys can talk for a long time" that it....thats all she said. anyways today she came up to the tennis courts b/c i guess she knew i was there. She was all bumbed out and stuff and its because her mom won't let us talk on the phone anymore! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL OF TALKING ON THE PHONE?!?! its the only time we get to talk. Her mom is taking this way too far. Obvisously my gf got mad at her mom....and has decided to become a rebel now...instead of 18....lol, some good parenting there. Even her dad doesn't care.....i just don't get her mom. I was talking to my mom and said "i honestly really thought that they would respect me more after i apoligized." she was like "yeah, i think they should, you were rele grown up about that whole thing, but i guess thats the way kids are treated now days" this is making me SO MAD. I wish i could talk to her mom, or my parents could, or anyone....i mean probably everyone thinks that she has taken this too far. I rele like this girl alot, and don't want to break up.....but something is gonna have to change.