So much for taking a break...

cherylann

Totally cool! Are you going to sell them? How many do expect to survive? Are you a breeder as in commerical?

skate020

wow, thats amazing, in a couple of months im gettin a new 150g. and i'll have a 10g free, i might turn it into a seahorse tank, would be nice :D

reefnutpa

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3168890
Pics of your fry tanks please.T
Nothing fancy..... same as I always use. I keep them in a 5 gal the first week to be sure they are eating, and to cull the weak ones or those that aren't going to make it long-term.
I'll add a 2nd Hydro sponge filter in about a week when I move them over to a 10 gal tank.
Reminder to those trying to raise fry.... CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!
Tom

reefnutpa

Started with 87, lost a few and culled a bunch more. Ended up with 60 that I moved to a 10 gal tank last weekend. Gave half of them to a friend of mine that is trying to breed clownfish (and had some empty fry tanks running) who wanted to give it a shot and see if they could raise them.
Of the 25-30 that I kept, they are doing fairly well. I should be feeding more than twice a day, but 10-12 hour work days prevent that.
I'll snap a pic and post tonight.
Tom

S

shrimpy brains

Looking forward to more pics!!

Does "culled" mean, you removed the ones you didn't think would survive??

teresaq

[QUOTE=Shrimpy Brains;3177151
Does "culled" mean, you removed the ones you didn't think would survive??
Yes it means what you think it does
T

reefnutpa

A few poor quality updated pics. They will be 3 weeks old this Sunday. Most are starting to turn golden yellow/orange already. This was taken an hour after feeding - so all have full orange bellys.

anjiro

Hey I was just curious what you are going to do with the horses that make it. Do you have a local lfs that takes them or sell them locally? Just curious thanks.
Lowell

fretfreak13

Just wondering, what do you do with the ones you cull? Do you just flush 'em while they're alive..? =( I know nothing about seahorses, but that just seems kinda cruel..

meowzer

Originally Posted by Fretfreak13
http:///forum/post/3179321
Just wondering, what do you do with the ones you cull? Do you just flush 'em while they're alive..? =( I know nothing about seahorses, but that just seems kinda cruel..
YIKES.....Not a question I would ask..........
I am sure it's done humanely