So, New tank......

oneradtek

heres some current shots....its grown up alot......im dealing with an issue with my anemone, and a scrape on my tang but alll else is great!
- brandon

this is right when the actinics came on so the anemone looks a different color....but you all get the problem here haha ive posted about it in the anemone section and they seem to think for now its just going threw a weird phase???

heres my kole tangs scrape wound OUCH

oneradtek

Some Fragging Fun!
so this morning, before the lights were on, i decided to frag some of my xenia that my friend wants and some of my beautiful monti cap....
heres some pics of the frag

the xenia rock i chiseled in half, laid one piece back where it was like below and the other on top a rock with LR rubble amongst it

oneradtek

wow my first salt water tank was definitely a wreck haha, did everything wrong, but look how I've learned! haha WOW

oneradtek

all of the frags that i made have taken and done well. Everything is goin good, i finally got my alkalinity back where it was supposed to be.
My friend sold me some nice frags of some stuff, the only two names i remember are the purple cap and bali tri-color
here are some pics
PS i have some micro bubbles after using that aqua scaping puddy, you'll see them in two of the pics, its making me soo mad because i cant get rid of them now???

timbodmb

I really have to say, I just read the whole thread... you should be very proud. The tank is beautiful! I can only dream that my 55 gal will eventually look like that... I still am having trouble with nitrates.

oneradtek

thanx for the compliments!
Wow that must of taken you awhile to read threw all the posts haha, but thanx for takin the time!
ill keep posting pics, here in a few months, the big move will happen, and with that, i will be upgrading to a 60 gallon. The tank i have now, being soo old, is absoultely covered in calcium stain. my pictures would look 100x better if it were in a new tank. I cant wait.

oneradtek

so i have an update, my anemone has split into 2. it looks healthy post split. gettin ready to do the move here in a month, probably upgrading to a 75. ill post pics of the split anemone.

pnkflydlvr

nice tank. btw, do you happen to have the tank dimensions? I'm planning on setting up a tank in the next month or so and am trying to get an idea of how big it should be. i have an old 45 gallon which is 3' by 2' by 1' by it seems kinda small...

oneradtek

thanx, my tank dimensions are 48" long, 12 " deep, and 21 " high for the tank. I have my hood which makes it alot taller, about 28" from bottom on my tank to the top of my hood. The hood also added some more length and depth. about 54" length with hood and 15 " deep with hood. The filters/ skimmer sit on the back of the tank, and so i need about 6-8" of clearance from the wall.
althought i would advise you to go a little bigger and do a 75 gallon if your space allows you. its the same dimensions as the 55 gallon tanks, but deeper allowing more surface area for o2 exchange.