So, New tank......

hefner413

I see you have some of that green coralline algae growing on the back of your tank also. I have that stuff. They only place it grows on my tank is on the glass. It drives me crazy. My purple coralline grows all over the rock, but not as much on the glass. Know of any way to get rid of the green?

oneradtek

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2589798
I see you have some of that green coralline algae growing on the back of your tank also. I have that stuff. They only place it grows on my tank is on the glass. It drives me crazy. My purple coralline grows all over the rock, but not as much on the glass. Know of any way to get rid of the green?
yea i just leave mine on the back glass. but to get it off i have a scraper that i bought at petsmart for like 3 bucks and it works AMAZING
thanx for the replies everyone! keep them coming!

hefner413

yeah, the thing I wonder about though is that if by scraping it off, that we make is spread more. I think that I've made it worse. Each time I scrape it off, it comes back with a vengence.

hefner413

It does scrape off easily though - seems to be different than the pink/purple corralline - which seems to stick a bit better and is harder.

oneradtek

haha my tang goes at all that stuff too to help me out. but idk maybe its spreading when u scrape it off? start a thread about it and see what everone thinks

hefner413

You're talking about this stuff also, right? (arrow)
My tang never touched it when it was still in my tank.

oneradtek

yea i see him nible at everything and he picks at it alot it seems. i havent had to scrape it yet too.....so mabe he does help keep it under control?

oneradtek

u know whats funny is u see the half-moon shaped green algae one in the middle of the two u marked with the arrow? looks like its been nibbled at haha

oneradtek

gonna give it some time to take close ups of the shrimp and goby but heres a new aqua scaped full tank shot

jonp

For not wanting to start out reef, the tank looks good
. I liked the rock work before the most recent rock was added where it was separate in the middle.

fishygurl

wow nice yellow watchman and pistol shrimp? anyways they look really good! cant wait to see them in your tank!!!
and i liked it when your rockwork was 2 mounds before you added the other pieces that connected them jmo anyways it looks great either way

hefner413

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
http:///forum/post/2600291
and i liked it when your rockwork was 2 mounds before you added the other pieces that connected them jmo anyways it looks great either way

yeah, I agree - I liked the 2 mounds also. Maybe you could move the new rock to the sides to recreate the 2 island effect...

oneradtek

yea im not sold either on the rocks , but theyre in there for now. I think im gonna stack the flat ones up on the right side where the button polyps are and move the button polyps ontop of the new peices.
thanx for the input everyone and ill have pics soon on the goby and pistol shrimp