So, New tank......

oneradtek

ok everyone im moving in a few weeks and so starts my upgrade time!

im in the process of trying to purchase a 75 gallon black tank with black stand and so then the odyssey begins!
ill obviously have lotsa pics of the transition, so everyone keep up with the watching of my thread

oneradtek

So, New Reef Tank 2!!

so after a long nights of thought and lots of cash i have finally worked out my 75 gallon build. I bought a used 75 gallon tank, that was brown and re did the stand and tank to be black. Also took and had a custom canopy made for it. I had a 55 gallon reeft for a year that i had to transfer into this new tank. So the move began yesterday with 7, 5 gallon buckets or established water. that part went smoothely and then the big move came today with the transfer of livestock all day. I took and drained my tank into each 5 gallon bucket and placed all corals and fish in the buckets/containers. Moved as quickly as i could to the new apartment with the stock. this process took all day, but its now up and running. havent lost anything that i know of yet. Although my pistol shrimp is un accounted for but i could be that lucky to have lost him in the move haha. heres some pictures of the move and new tank set up.
This will now be my new blog/diary for this tank, hope you all enjoy!

oneradtek

Oh and PS, new overflows and sump installed next week. and i know my canopy is crooked i have to fix that haha

oneradtek

sump is done, and hooking up hard plumbing tomorrow. I picked up a few new frags today at a frag swap. Purple millipora, green ora birdsnest, blue acropora, green monticap.
heres a pic of the tank with actinics on and you all can kind of see the new aquascape taking shape. Frags are all still sitting in sand though in the middle. I need more frag mounting clay!

oneradtek

UPDATE!
hey everyone, been busy getting this new tank up and going, but heres an update. I attended a coral swap on labor day ( i have no life) and got myself a few new nice corals as i mentioned above. They have all made the transaction good. I just got in today, my replacement bulbs( MH and actinics) and what a difference! i have never seen the difference that new bulbs make on a reef tank but wow my color is way better now! especially with the actinics on. I am still dealing with a nitrate issue but im doing water changes every other day with water from my new ro/di unit. I also have ordered and is on its way, a aqua medic t-1000 recirculating skimmer for my sump setup which will be up and going this week!
other than that, the tank has been doing great, and looks better than ever! here are some updated pics. ENJOY! and feel free to comment/ask questions.

oneradtek

so the plumbing has started.... and im learning what not to do haha. i have a small dripping leak, like one drip every 5 minutes, so that just might prompt me to do it all over again! haha well heres the sump up and goin

nissan577

i know how you feel. i feel the same way about my 29 biocube diary no one ever writes. but it doesnt really bother if they look at it or not. atleast i have my memories of how i built my little tank. WELL I LOVE BOTH YOUR TANKS. THEY ARE COMING OUT AMAZING.
KEEP IT UP MAN. THEY ARE BOTH ON FIRE
LOL
. Also i really like your Z. And its good its back on the road
. i felt the same way when i put my rims on mine. Im not gonna lie me and my gf had a speechless face reading your thread. shes said is beautiful. and i agree.
i
to you lol