So, New tank......

oneradtek

haha well they were pretty tore up and bleached out. Probably coulda been brought back, but the colonies got so deep that flow couldnt reach it.

grammygigi

OMG!!!! I wish I had your cash flow! AND... ALL OF YOUR TANKS, AT ONCE!!!! You've made AMAZING leaps and strides!!
I can only HOPE to make an 1/8 of your progress,
AWESOME!!!!
Lori

oneradtek

haha thanx, yea my cash flow goes into my tank and triathlon. im sure with some time your tank will progress and so will your hobby. I need to take more pics here soon. I have some SERIOUS improvement in color and growth
Oh and by the way, everyone always seems to think i have more than one tank. haha i have only ever had one tank up and going at once. I just keep upgrading the original one lol

nikesb

curious as to what you did to get some more coloration. i remember reading a thread on rc where you were saying your colors were there but not deep enough or something along those lines. im experiencing the same thing right now

oneradtek

Yea i did have a huge issue with color for about a year.
I figured out that a majority of my issue was back when i had soo much growth in my 75 gallon tank. It was over crammed. I dosed my alk and ca very poorly by just dumping large quantities in at once. (around 200ml and more) i was inexperienced, but now i bought 2 drews dosers and that changed everything. I started then dosing over 8 5 minute time a day for only about 75 ml a day now. The alk and ca has stayed normal and in decent levels. But that didnt fix my issue all together.
The big change came when i swapped into my 100 gal tank and opened up more room and got better flow, along with about a 75 gallon water change. since then, colors are coming back amazing! HTH

nikesb

awesome, i think im on the right track. i figured i was losing 2 dkh a day and that was causing it. so far i've minimized it by adding alk to my top off, and some color actually has come back

oneradtek

haha thanks people, i just dont post much on here because i dont get much response!
Im currently running a 2x250watt radium setup with 2 54 watt t5 ATI super blues(with par value!)
i also attribute my great color to large water changes, i do 32 gallon changes bi-weekly. i dose elos amino acids

1guydude

Sweet tank tek...i just got my first sps tonight...two acro frags and a couple monti. Any tips? Think t5 would be ok? Most are under my LED though