So what do you feed your pets dog/cat???

bender77

I feed Taste of the Wild. It's a grain free diet. I would do raw, but I'm too lazy and it's hard to get people to pet sit if they have to give raw food.

darthtang aw

My little guys (pug and frenchie) eat a raw diet.
My danes....er dane eats a combination of a rwa diet, fromm four star, and timberwolf brand kibble.
The little dogs had dry skin and allergy issues...not anymore wigh the raw diet and do not nearly shed as much.
My big guy used to eat just raw...but as he got bigger started getting expensive...timberwolf is the only dog food on the market that 91% of the protien content comes from meat. Fromm is close to this but addds glucosamine/chondrotine as well as prebiotics, probitics and has never had a recall in their entire history. Been making dog food since the 40s.they also created the first distemper shot.
Both are usa made with us ingridients and fromm has a plant in canada....which has tighter restrictions on processing dog food than we do. Probably explains why no recalls.
Darth (ramen tastes good) Tang

darthtang aw

I feed Taste of the Wild. It's a grain free diet. I would do raw, but I'm too lazy and it's hard to get people to pet sit if they have to give raw food.
Thats a solid food...and doesnt have a ridiculous protien content for a grain free....used to feed it till they changed their formula a few years ago.

meowzer

My little (fat) doggies eat Blue WIlderness Duck.....Started this a few months ago on recommendation from a few peeps on this site...after Pixie almost died....both my dogs are overweight and I wanted a healthier food for them
BTW...they are still overweight....LOL
The cats eat Purina Friskies Indoor Delights...cause they are indoor cats, and Meowzer likes it.....I have tried a few other foods, BUT he wouldn;t eat it...

socks002

socks, molly and the kitten eat premium Iams, naturals or something like that, i forget..... kitten eats the kitten version lol.

socks002

(and a few table scraps cus i cant resist cute begging kitty eyes)

ESPECIALLY SOCKS, he always beggs for whatever i am eating. i don't give in too often though only occasionally.

darthtang aw

Meowzer...scale back how much you feed. That food is packed from a calorie standpoint...so you should be feeding less than you were on the other food. And dont free feed if you are doing this.

kiefers

Children, preferably fit and athletic types. Obese kids are to fatty and the skinny ones well,..... all bristle and bones. Only the best for my dane and boxer!

dragonzim

Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Sweet Potato and Venison. My dog has a lot of allergies and is allergic to most of the grains that are put in many brands. We had him on Innova Evo Red Meat formula for a while but the super high protein content was giving him an upset stomach all the time so we switched. We've been VERY happy with the Natural Balance, which is also a grain free diet. He loves it, no more stomach problems, and no problems with the food allergies.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/388385/so-what-do-you-feed-your-pets-dog-cat#post_3424982
Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Sweet Potato and Venison. My dog has a lot of allergies and is allergic to most of the grains that are put in many brands. We had him on Innova Evo Red Meat formula for a while but the super high protein content was giving him an upset stomach all the time so we switched. We've been VERY happy with the Natural Balance, which is also a grain free diet. He loves it, no more stomach problems, and no problems with the food allergies.
Sweet tatters and deer meat, your dog eats better than a lot of people I know LOL!
On a completely unrelated topic, well maybe not, Finally got to try your sauce on some pig meat. AWESOME!

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/388385/so-what-do-you-feed-your-pets-dog-cat#post_3424988
Sweet tatters and deer meat, your dog eats better than a lot of people I know LOL!
On a completely unrelated topic, well maybe not, Finally got to try your sauce on some pig meat. AWESOME!
Excellent! I smoked a pork shoulder yesterday and had it with some of that sauce and I also made a Carolina style mustard based sauce that is just awesome on pork. Great spicytangy combo with the pork

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/388385/so-what-do-you-feed-your-pets-dog-cat#post_3424946
My little (fat) doggies eat Blue WIlderness Duck.....Started this a few months ago on recommendation from a few peeps on this site...after Pixie almost died....both my dogs are overweight and I wanted a healthier food for them
BTW...they are still overweight....LOL
The cats eat Purina Friskies Indoor Delights...cause they are indoor cats, and Meowzer likes it.....I have tried a few other foods, BUT he wouldn;t eat it...
You may want to switch from the Blue Wilderness variety. It has a higher protein content than other foods and is geared more to the sporting breeds. Wilderness can cause pets to gain weight. They do have a weight management variety. You can also try subbing veggies like green beans and reducing the kibble to help them lose weight.

gemmy

I feed my sheltie Wellness healthy weight. I had her on prescription food for awhile, but the ingredients were crap (tons of fillers). Wellness was the only food that I could give her that did not cause the intestinal problems that caused her to be on a prescription diet.

rainbow grouper

My cats get some vita-cat biscuits mixed in with vita-cat wet foods and as the occasional treat we give them some leftovers from dinner or some tuna.
Also they get whatever they can find on the floor during meal times even crisps they'll eat absolutely anything.
P.S coco drinks water coming straight out of the tap she sits there and puts her tongue out as the water comes out puts her paw in the water and wonders why she's wet.

rainbow grouper

Oh and there was a cat who past away that my dad fed ONLY dry foods and he had a really glossy coat and everything a cat should have if kept properly. forgot to mention we mix wet and dry cause its cheaper. ( us cheapskates)