so... what kind of car do you drive?

snailheave

is it clean?
"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Men and women agree that cars play an important role in dating, but they don't always agree on what should happen once things get rolling.
Eighty-nine percent of males and 95 percent of females said they were extremely or somewhat likely to notice their date's car, according to a survey conducted by Ford Motor Co. The survey was conducted as part of a program, including "speed dating" events in various cities, to promote the company's new Fusion sedan. The survey polled 400 single men and women.
It's not just the make and model of a car that's getting noticed, according to the survey. Fifty-eight percent of those surveyed said the condition of their date's car would at least somewhat impact their attraction to the person.
Women felt more strongly about their date's car condition than men with 69 percent saying it would at least somewhat affect their attraction to their date compared to 47 percent of men.
"You often get one chance to make a right impression and, many times, your car is one of the first personal things your date sees about you. Similar to your clothes, your car says something about you and your style," said Ellen Fein, dating expert and co-author of The Rules.
About 20 percent of respondents said they had been "asked to chip in for car-related expenses by their date." Of those that had been asked to chip in, 15 percent said they were asked to spring for gas followed by parking (9 percent) and tolls (6 percent).
When asked to recall their "most embarrassing car date moment," 22 percent of respondents said it was being told by their date that they were a bad driver. Far more women suffered this insult than men. Second overall was suffering an "upset stomach," followed by being pulled over for speeding, and getting in to a fender-bender. Just barely making the list was "getting caught fooling around."
Sixteen percent of those surveyed ranked kissing as their "favorite car date activity." But, only 8 percent of females surveyed chose kissing versus 24 percent of males. "

lovethesea

a very clean one. Always. Can't stand sitting in a dirty car. I hate STL winters. MESSY,
sloppy, wet winters. Translation: dirty,muddy, salt covered cars. Yuck!
The most embarrasing car date moment.......I ain't talkin'

snailheave

once upon a time i was telling mimzy a car story and she made me stop midway :mad:
she's like 'hey buddy, back off'
i go 'wtf, joo wanted it!'

notenoraa

hehe
I try and keep my car clean... its hard with all the construction around though. I do however keep the inside pretty clean...speaking of im scheduled for a session with the vaccum...man i sure am lonely

keleighr

LOL
I have three children..............how clean do you think my car is???
Oh if this helps; Ages are
12 Girl
6 Girl
3 Boy
MOMS are better for answering this question especially ones with kids in sports. Oldest just finished Volley ball neext will be Softball sign ups in January.....

cheyco

My most embarrasing car moment was when I was 16. I was on my first date with Mike M. ( I'll use first names only just incase he is into saltwater fish now) The date went fine and we were at that part at the end of the night where he is pulling into your driveway. Well I figured we would probably sit in the driveway and talk a little bit. (yeah lucky him right?) so I asked him for a lighter to lite up a smoke just as we were approaching the house. Just as I lit my smoke I realized the lighter was turned all the way up. I burnt my eyebrow off ! I was mortified ! I prayed he wouldn't notice with it being dark outside and all but Mike M. says, " Do you smell something burning?" I say , "who me? Nuh uh." I hauled ass out of that car. I was too afraid he would try to kiss me and notice I was missing an eyebrow that clearly was there earlier.

T

tizzo

If it runs, it serves it's purpose. If it serves it's purpose, it's OK by me!
Another one here with 3 kids. I have a nice new van, well new to me and after my hubby got the 4Runner, he told me to go update my van (which is an '03Town & Country) saw nothing I liked better! I will have that thing til it dies!

crazyzeus1

I take both the Yukon (which hauls the 3 kids & gets quite messy) & the Corvette (which my 2yo & I use when it's just the two of us) to the wash every week. Vacuum & all...I hate dirty cars, & my hubby hates dirty cars even more!

rberhow

Hmmm....my man was driving a clean .....chevette when I met and married him. Obviously cars weren't my forte'. But since we've gotten married, he insists we buy new and nice. I guess he's trying to make up for it. BTW, I was driving a Ford Thunderbird at the time. Thank goodness he didn't care either.

J

jdragunas

i have a 2004 saturn ion quad coupe... i LOVE my saturn. My hubby drives the 2002 saturn L200 (i think). We're a saturn family, although my next car is going to be a mini cooper!!! Those things are amazing!!!
and i don't have any embarassing car stories, i'll tell you another one, though.
We (me and joe) were at the beach one night when we were first dating, but the beaches close a dusk. well these beach patrol people showed up, so we were walking back to the car, ducking behind small sand dunes. Well, they were getting closer, so we began to duck more, and walk faster. That's when it happened. i farted so loud, i'm surprised we didn't get caught. i stood horrified, looked at him and said "that was supposed to be silent" to which he replied "way to blow our cover!!!". I was so embarassed, but he insisted that it was so cool that i could fart in front of him. men are so weird!!!

keleighr

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i have a 2004 saturn ion quad coupe... i LOVE my saturn. My hubby drives the 2002 saturn L200 (i think). We're a saturn family, although my next car is going to be a mini cooper!!! Those things are amazing!!!
and i don't have any embarassing car stories, i'll tell you another one, though.
We (me and joe) were at the beach one night when we were first dating, but the beaches close a dusk. well these beach patrol people showed up, so we were walking back to the car, ducking behind small sand dunes. Well, they were getting closer, so we began to duck more, and walk faster. That's when it happened. i farted so loud, i'm surprised we didn't get caught. i stood horrified, looked at him and said "that was supposed to be silent" to which he replied "way to blow our cover!!!". I was so embarassed, but he insisted that it was so cool that i could fart in front of him. men are so weird!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!

It took me ten years to finally let one go in front of my husband....long story about why....

tome

since im just starting the teenage years and wont be able to drive for a while. Do you think it would be cool for me to drive up to the movies in this:?

hot883

Now we know Jenn.

hot883

oh yeah, and my saturn is mostly clean...
Except for the seats.
Sorry had to.